Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Been waiting nearly 3 months for eircom fibre

Options
  • 10-05-2012 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Yeah. Ordered it at the end of February and was told it would be installed within 3 working days. Technician never called us. When we rang back the following week, we were told the technician would call us. He never did.

My Dad actually had to call a technician he knows (who works for Eircom, obviously). Technician came out, ran the fibre cable from the junction box under the path, to the box on our outside wall. Then he got a call, and was told not to finish the installation.

We were then told that there was 3 orders on our account, which had all been aborted. No one could tell us why. We only ordered broadband once, and sure as hell didn't cancel the order. We were also told that a new order could not be placed untill the other orders had been cleared.

That's about 2 months ago. Since then, the number of cancelled orders on our account has risen to 9, we're still being told that a new order won't go through until the other aborted ones are cleared. At one point, we were told that the reason we hadn't got our fibre broadband was because there was a problem with our phone line. Yep. FIBRE BROADBAND. A problem with our COPPER PHONE LINE. Please.

I've complained to ComReg (mainly because the complaints department could not, or rather refused to, give me a reference number when I contatced them), who in fairness to them have caused Eircom to at least contact us and update us(Did I mention, that in the space of 2.5 to 3 months, Eircom never once contacted us? We had to call them EVERY TIME. And each time we did, we were told either the same thing, or a bunch of lies. Comreg rang us again last week and asked if our problem had been sorted. We explained that we got a call from Eircom the day after we complained initially, but had heard nothing since. That had been two weeks. ComReg said they'd look into it. Lo and behold, we got a call from Eircom the next day, saying that the problem would be sorted in a couple of days and we would have broadband by next week.

It is currently "next week". I rang again yesterday, asked to speak with a supervisor and was told one would call me back in an hour. They didn't.
    Got a call today, and the supervisor apologised and told me the same thing I heard 2 and a half months ago. That a new order could not be put through untill the aborted ones were cleared. She said the problem had been escalated to the makers of their software systems.

I don't know. I'm at the end of my tether here and am seriously losing my patience. Has anyone got any advice?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

cianm420 wrote: »
    I don't know. I'm at the end of my tether here and am seriously losing my patience. Has anyone got any advice?
    Wow that is farcical. Are you in Sandyford or Wexford ....I hear very strange stories about Wexford not least being one about 2000 'missing' premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cianm420

In Wexford. The coverage map tells me I'm eligible. Eircom contacted me initially and asked if I wanted Fibre. That was the end of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Maybe this would be better off in the Talk to Eircom forum???

I heard that only 3500 premises were done in Wexford after they promised they would do 5000 first then cut that back to 4000.

This in a town with at least 7000 homes and 100s of businesses.

Here is the Map...are you sure you are covered at all. :)

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/fibre/map/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to eircom forum. Hopefully the reps will be able to get to the bottom of the mysterious cancelled orders.

• Advertisement

I checked the map again SpongeBob, and my entire estate is in the purple area. I'm sure I'm eligible for it.
    Thanks for the responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Yeah. Ordered it at the end of February and was told it would be installed within 3 working days. Technician never called us. When we rang back the following week, we were told the technician would call us. He never did.

My Dad actually had to call a technician he knows (who works for Eircom, obviously). Technician came out, ran the fibre cable from the junction box under the path, to the box on our outside wall. Then he got a call, and was told not to finish the installation.

We were then told that there was 3 orders on our account, which had all been aborted. No one could tell us why. We only ordered broadband once, and sure as hell didn't cancel the order. We were also told that a new order could not be placed untill the other orders had been cleared.

That's about 2 months ago. Since then, the number of cancelled orders on our account has risen to 9, we're still being told that a new order won't go through until the other aborted ones are cleared. At one point, we were told that the reason we hadn't got our fibre broadband was because there was a problem with our phone line. Yep. FIBRE BROADBAND. A problem with our COPPER PHONE LINE. Please.

I've complained to ComReg (mainly because the complaints department could not, or rather refused to, give me a reference number when I contatced them), who in fairness to them have caused Eircom to at least contact us and update us(Did I mention, that in the space of 2.5 to 3 months, Eircom never once contacted us? We had to call them EVERY TIME. And each time we did, we were told either the same thing, or a bunch of lies. Comreg rang us again last week and asked if our problem had been sorted. We explained that we got a call from Eircom the day after we complained initially, but had heard nothing since. That had been two weeks. ComReg said they'd look into it. Lo and behold, we got a call from Eircom the next day, saying that the problem would be sorted in a couple of days and we would have broadband by next week.

It is currently "next week". I rang again yesterday, asked to speak with a supervisor and was told one would call me back in an hour. They didn't.
    Got a call today, and the supervisor apologised and told me the same thing I heard 2 and a half months ago. That a new order could not be put through untill the aborted ones were cleared. She said the problem had been escalated to the makers of their software systems.

Hi cianm420,

Can you PM me with your Name, address and order number if you were given one. I can check with the fibre provision team and get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭john47

OP, the best thing to do is to stay away from eircom, imagine what the after sales service / customer service will be when (if) the actually connect you - guess what - it will be worse!

I was speakng with a Sky (TV) rep last month and he was saying that Sky are introducing internet later in the summer. You've waited 3 months, I'd wait a little longer because no matter what anyone says, the customer service in Sky is brilliant.

Carnsore Broadband are also getting some great press & comments in Wexford if you cant wait for Sky

(and no, I dont work for Sky or Carnsore BB)

John Ryan
    Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Customer service for Sky might be great, but any proposed service from Sky will probably still come over the eircom copper lines you are using at the moment and will probably be the same quality of service you have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I heard that only 3500 premises were done in Wexford after they promised they would do 5000 first then cut that back to 4000.

Word has it that the county council didn't approve of the level of works required and objected to footpaths/roads being dug up in areas with insufficient ducting which resulted in the less than blanket coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭john47

Neither John - I believe the service from sky will be through your sky box.

John Ryan

So, 3 weeks on from the last time Eircom contacted me by phone, and still none the wiser. This is ridiculous.

Do you know anyone in your neighbourhood who actually got fibre yet???

I don't, but then I don't know that many people in my neighbourhood. I've seen the Eircom technicians working on the main junction box at the entrance to our estate numerous times. And they were doing similar work to other estates, where I do know people that have got fibre. 3 of my friends have ordered it and got it installed while I've been waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

So, 3 weeks on from the last time Eircom contacted me by phone, and still none the wiser. This is ridiculous.

Hi cianm420,

Mark has been chasing this and will advise you further as soon as there's a further update.

"Hi cianm420,

Apologies, we are still pushing the issue with fibre networks / technicians. There is no update as yet. I know the issue has been ongoing but I am tracking any progress with ****** and I will let you know as soon as I have any info.

Thanks, Mark
    "

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Oceans12

Hi cianm420,

Mark has been chasing this and will advise you further as soon as there's a further update.

"Hi cianm420,

Apologies, we are still pushing the issue with fibre networks / technicians. There is no update as yet. I know the issue has been ongoing but I am tracking any progress with ****** and I will let you know as soon as I have any info.

Thanks, Mark
    "

Best wishes,
    Ant

i bet the same will happen with the Phase II rollout dates, i bet it will be 2020 before even 1/5 of it is complete.

And another 2 weeks waiting. Rang them around 10 days ago and was promised a callback. Surprise, didnt get one.
    Think I'll just switch to Magnet at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Oceans12

and this is part of the Phase I rollout?

i dread to think how far past the Dec 2012 Phase II will be available..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

john47 wrote: »
    OP, the best thing to do is to stay away from eircom, imagine what the after sales service / customer service will be when (if) the actually connect you - guess what - it will be worse!

I was speakng with a Sky (TV) rep last month and he was saying that Sky are introducing internet later in the summer. You've waited 3 months, I'd wait a little longer because no matter what anyone says, the customer service in Sky is brilliant.

Carnsore Broadband are also getting some great press & comments in Wexford if you cant wait for Sky

(and no, I dont work for Sky or Carnsore BB)

John Ryan
    Wexford

The same company hire the call centre staff for eircom & sky

Advertisement