Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Location in Dublin for Good Value Property

Options
  • 10-05-2012 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I know there's plenty of advice on here regarding holding off buying property, but beyond that what areas of Dublin do people feel are currently well valued?

By which I mean, which areas do people feel are unlikely to fall much further or likely to experience a jump in the medium term.

The Castleforbes square apartments near the Point have done reasonably well at the Allsops auctions, but with the IFSC as likely to contract as expand imo, I can't see where the optimism's coming from for the area.

Where do boardsies think are strong areas for investment property?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

That last line should bring some interesting responses from the folks in this forum

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

Wudyaquit wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I know there's plenty of advice on here regarding holding off buying property, but beyond that what areas of Dublin do people feel are currently well valued?

By which I mean, which areas do people feel are unlikely to fall much further or likely to experience a jump in the medium term.

The Castleforbes square apartments near the Point have done reasonably well at the Allsops auctions, but with the IFSC as likely to contract as expand imo, I can't see where the optimism's coming from for the area.

Where do boardsies think are strong areas for investment property?

Hi -
    Not the aforementioned development near the point, - I have inspected quite a number of units there -a range of issues from build quality to management company problems seem prevelant.

Traditional area's Marino, Clontarf on the Northside & Blackrock on the southside seem to be moving again judging by number of surveys carried out in last 6 months.
    Beyond that - anything on Luas line - Adamstown in particular ticks a number of boxes for access via car, public transport - and easy for the west of Ireland and South etc. -
    City centre demand will be high as will any area with high IT focus in commercial sector ( Sandyford, Blanchardstown).
    mike f :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Adamstown looks a soulless hellhole from the train (with a bloody big pylon slap-bag in the middle of school/apartments).

Best locations? Not to be smart but I think the market is very good at finding it's own level in this regard - even in these recessionary times.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

nm wrote: »
    That last line should bring some interesting responses from the folks in this forum
    Was prepared for the wrath, but looks like I might have gotten away with it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

pburns wrote: »
    Adamstown looks a soulless hellhole from the train (with a bloody big pylon slap-bag in the middle of school/apartments).

Best locations? Not to be smart but I think the market is very good at finding it's own level in this regard - even in these recessionary times.

Pburns might get the wrath instead ! - with the 'soulless hellhole' comment. But if its an investment property - schools, transport, easy access to employment centre's are factors that will make a property consistently easy to rent and in future easy to sell as market cycles up again.

If I may offer my head in the noose - I think most of these developments in suburbia look like strip malls - lifeless and without feeling. Thrown up in the boom with very little thought to planning for peoples needs.

There are quite a number of developments in D1 & D2 if it is in fact an apartment your looking for.
    m f

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,521 ✭✭✭✭ted1

South Conty Dublin is a safe bet, Prices are way down and the places are very desirable. look around killiney, blackrock, churchtown. avoid Dundrum, over valued because of the shopping centre.

I really do think that these are the best prices, they all very established areas.

Advertisement