Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airport Express

• 10-05-2012 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of getting Airport express to connect to speakers in my kitchen. If I use Apple Tv for music in my living room, can I control what is streamed to the kitchen from Apple Tv?

Also does anyone have a recommendation for decent compact speakers to connect to Airport express?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

Don’t have an AppleTV, so I’m not sure about that bit (I use two AEx’s, but with music streaming from a Mac, or an iPhone).

If you have a bit over €60 in your budget (I got mine in PCWorld), I found the Creative Inspire T12’s to be good, with a small footprint (mine are in the kitchen, too), but good sound with reasonable bass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Also consider the wireless boom box by Logitech - excellent sound quality - works off Bluetooth - so no need for airport express

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭smtdos

Not quite sure what you mean but your best best is to use the remote app to control itunes on some computer. You can select one or multiple airplay destinations from the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting Airport express to connect to speakers in my kitchen. If I use Apple Tv for music in my living room, can I control what is streamed to the kitchen from Apple Tv?

Also does anyone have a recommendation for decent compact speakers to connect to Airport express?

Yes, you can stream to both or just one. I have 5 x APX round the house and 2 x ATV and stream to all 7 or just to one as I see fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mikeingalway

The simplicity of this product is astounding, easy set up , great for extending the network :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement