Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accept first offer?

Options
  • 10-05-2012 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Recently made a claim on our home contents insurance. First offer is close to our claim. Doesn't cover our losses though. What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

What losses exactly just to get better idea of the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 searchforpeg

chris85 wrote: »
    What losses exactly just to get better idea of the issue?
    Musical equipment stolen value €3k.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

a bit confused here.

'first offer is close to our claim'

How much have you claimed and what is the offer? Is there a policy excess?

ravima wrote: »
    a bit confused here.

'first offer is close to our claim'

How much have you claimed and what is the offer? Is there a policy excess?
    Claim for €3.1k offer is €2.9k, deductible is €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

maybe im missing summat but 3.1k less 250 is roughly 2.9k so seems correct?

• Advertisement

maybe im missing summat but 3.1k less 250 is roughly 2.9k so seems correct?

Yeah seems fine to me too with the excess on it. Not sure exactly the problem.

chris85 wrote: »
    Yeah seems fine to me too with the excess on it. Not sure exactly the problem.

Thanks for all the replies. I haven't said there is a problem just soliciting opinions to help us decide best course. To clarify, we claim 3.1k, they offer 2.9k, PLUS there is a 250.00 deductible, bringing our total award to 2.65k. Any opinions appreciated. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭granturismo

ACCEPT FIRST OFFER... First offer is close to our claim. Doesn't cover our losses though. What do you think?

The OP seems to be asking can they negotiate with the insurance company for a higher payout as the 'offer' doesnt cover the cost to replace the stolen items.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

so they are valuing what you insured for 3.1k as 2.9k and did they tell you why that was? Wouldnt be happy without that

Thanks for all the replies. I haven't said there is a problem just soliciting opinions to help us decide best course. To clarify, we claim 3.1k, they offer 2.9k, PLUS there is a 250.00 deductible, bringing our total award to 2.65k. Any opinions appreciated. Cheers.

Ok thats clarified it. I would get onto them and see why they have undervalued it. Get some info on prices to replace the equipment from stores and show this to the insurance company and how they have undervalued.

• Advertisement
Advertisement