Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Early To Ask

Options
  • 10-05-2012 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys

sorry if this is a little early to ask but im getting married the monday june bank holiday (3 weeks from next monday) and im wondering if there are any long term forcasts for good weather

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

You're dead right......too early to ask! :D

I'd say pop back in on June 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

DOCARCH wrote: »
    You're dead right......too early to ask! :D

I'd say pop back in on June 1st.
    I would say June the 5th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I meant to put a question mark at he end of the thread title:o

thought it would be too early alright

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

best advice is keep an eye on mt's forecast here - he goes to about a week (in his outlook) usually and he's about as good as you get when it comes blending model info with personal knowledge/experience/intuition.

Predicting beyond four or five days is impossible in this part of the world.

(unless you're ken ring of course!)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I meant to put a question mark at he end of the thread title:o

thought it would be too early alright

Extremely early indications show a slight warming and a drier period towards the end of May, so you may be in luck. :)

• Advertisement

bit closer to the date now, any ideas now? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

I understand your eagerness to get an idea of what conditions to expect for say pictures and the like on the big day, however at this range it's all still pie in the sky. Patience will hopefully reward you both with blue skies and ice cream.:)

10 days away on ECM only brings me to the 26th and accuracy is not wonderful so hang fire.
    120516_1200_240.png

any ideas now guys? sorry to keep asking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hi its looking quite promising if (and its still a biggish if ) the pressure charts are correct

pressure
    Rtavn3001.png

temps
    Rtavn30017.png

rainfall
    Rtavn3004.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That looks crap mike :D

ECM looks like a high may veer that low pressure northwards and giving us a nice weekend. Too early to call. All I can say is watch the emerging patterns on that low coming from the Atlantic. Things look pretty mediocre at the moment but its still too early to call.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bugger! The whole fecking thing turned on its head in an hour!

Irish weather - wait a minute if you don't like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

W to NW breeze, 15 to 18c maxes. Decent sunny spells with local showers. Probably dry in Arklow, chance of some in Dublin. Basing that on the evolution of the ECM run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

What's the best guess for tomorrow (Friday 25th)? I'm considering spending a day's holidays to laze in the sun, but worried XCWeather's 52% cloud and mist prediction will mean it's just a hot & grey day vs direct sunlight day...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

What's the best guess for tomorrow (Friday 25th)? I'm considering spending a day's holidays to laze in the sun, but worried XCWeather's 52% cloud and mist prediction will mean it's just a hot & grey day vs direct sunlight day...

Where are you or where will you be?

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Where are you or where will you be?

Ha, that would help! I'm south side Dublin, but would think about heading to Brittas in Wicklow if the weather was going to be right

Ha, that would help! I'm south side Dublin, but would think about heading to Brittas in Wicklow if the weather was going to be right

Hmmm, I'd say it would be cold enough by the sea?

Should be sunny but there would be a risk of sea fog coming onshore, in addition, with an east wind (coming onshore off the sea) that will keep temperatures pegged right back by the coast as the sea temp. is only about 10c atm, so air temps by the sea would only be a couple of degrees higher (being modified by the sea temp).

Head west of you can!

Hmm, that's not quite the answer I was looking for - I was hoping you'd say there'll be people dying at the side of the road from heat exhaustion!

Cheers - I'll decide this afternoon whether I take the day off or not. I probably will anyway 'cause my body now thinks it's a friday :p

And with a new chart comes a more positive outlook with sunshine and low 20's right through the weekend. If only that was set in stone, I'd take it right now :P

And with a new chart comes a more positive outlook with sunshine and low 20's right through the weekend. If only that was set in stone, I'd take it right now :P

that for the 4th?

thanks if it is

any idea now guys?

thanks

• Advertisement

Currently looking like mid-high teens with a few showers, mainly along the west coast. Everythings still up in the air. Only 2 days ago it was showing a warm dry and sunny weekend, and 2 days previous to that it looked like rain all weekend :P

Bump. Just wanna say congrats to admiral who got married on Monday. Weather was a little cool but nice down the south east I reckon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Yes, congrats that man ! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Bump. Just wanna say congrats to admiral who got married on Monday. Weather was a little cool but nice down the south east I reckon :)
    Steeped, he was - it was a glorious day.
    What a day to head off on a honeymoon, hopefully to somewhere actually having a summer.

Advertisement