Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2012 Draft

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Historical Euro player Wildcard
    Can only see 2 of who you might be talking about - frankly I'd have Cabaye above either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

G.K. wrote: »
    Can only see 2 of who you might be talking about - frankly I'd have Cabaye above either of them.

made a mistake, one doesnt qualify so only 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Thanks-based voting
    I'm confident that my back four will be up there when this is said and done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Maybe
    I'm shocked you picked another centre back Lloyd. I was certain you'd be leaving that space open for round 9. I think most people will know exactly who I'm on about.

You'll have made a certain China-based Villa fan very unhappy with that CB pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Maybe
    Blatter wrote: »
    I'm shocked you picked another centre back Lloyd. I was certain you'd be leaving that space open for round 9. I think most people will know exactly who I'm on about.

I know exactly who he is picking in round 9.

Read the last line of his post in the picks thread . . .

Thanks-based voting
    Yeah, there is only one player I want for round 9. I think the overall value to my team is better that way.

Agger ---Barzagli

with player X destroying people out left in tandem with Hagi and Ronaldo is better than

Agger---Psycho

with a lessor player completing my trifecta of awesomeness...

Maybe
    I know exactly who he is picking in round 9.

Read the last line of his post in the picks thread . . .

Ah yeah, I see now. Little bit of a risk seeing as it's going on current ability but I suppose he's well proven and will be received very well by most on here. I personally would have planned for the centre back, himself beside Agger would have been pretty awesome.

I feel as though it should be obvious - but not got my finger on it....

• Advertisement

Thanks-based voting
    You'll have made a certain China-based Villa fan very unhappy with that CB pick.

Knew I couldn't wait

Maybe
    Ah yeah, I see now. Little bit of a risk seeing as it's going on current ability. I personally would have planned for the centre back, himself beside Agger would have been pretty awesome.

There's really two people you could be talking about

Oh, I've realised.

Maybe

There is, but one is a slight risk seeing as it's current ability, if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

20 Participants

No I haven't a clue, fill me in. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Thanks-based voting

I think I know who you're on about and I'm second pick in that round

• Advertisement

Maybe
    There is, but one is a slight risk seeing as it's current ability, if you know what I mean.

Say no more.

Is it wierd that I've kind of mapped out what I think some people should go for?

Thanks-based voting

Yeah, but I personally think one is a decent bit ahead of the other...:p

Thanks-based voting
    Is it wierd that I've kind of mapped out what I think some people should go for?

Everyone should have a very small shortlist of players at this point imo. BPA can't come into it in many cases, as you're locked into a formation and fit by now.

20 Participants
    I have some different shapes planned out, depending on who's picked.

• Advertisement

Maybe
    Boateng was my next pick. Versatile.

Maybe
    Round 9 is a difficult enough round for most. There's three players that are out on front on their own as obvious picks, then there's another one next in line, and after that there's around 6 more fairly classy players, almost all in different positions. After that the quality goes down hill a fair bit.

Been thinking about the draft and positions etc and the guys in the middle really are getting screwed position wise. Might have been fairer to give the 2nd wildcard starting at the 8 position to even out the fact they have no chance at a superstar in the first round or the legends round

Maybe
    Had my eye on Boateng myself. He's not outstanding but he's quite good and as you said yourself he's very versatile so lets you breathe a bit easier.

20 Participants
    Boateng is a very solid, smart pick.

I can think of more players than that who anyone would welcome into their team, Blatter.

Maybe
    There are a few of them left alright, but not many of Boateng's quality imo.

I meant for Round 9.

Maybe
    Ah right, maybe I've missing out on a few. But that's what I came up with when I scanned through.

If you weren't in the draft I'd PM you and talk about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Barzagli a good pick. Very solid defensive 4 there. Boateng meh imo, as I said earlier there's far too many German/Spanish players being picked. Think theres countries( including one who topped their group too) with no players picked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Needed to keep space for a Spanish striker so couldn't pick Arbeloa in last round, unfortunately I didn't get the one I wanted, but I'll possibly have the best centre half pair at least.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

No thanks
    Just going from the most recent pic GK posted, and those who have selected six players at the time. There is one team so far I really like across the board. Six very strong picks. I'd add one more guy too but for their last pick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Thanks-based voting
    Yep Barzagli was top of my list but tbh I never thouht he would make it back down to me this rd.

have a massive list of players for rd9 drawn up but the fact that im no.14 in that rd really means ive no idea who I might get or even what position although there are more available in 1 position imo although there are 3-5 huge picks in other positions imo.

Thanks-based voting
    Whoever is on the clock is skipped at 21:30...

3 CB's Coletrain?

Or Desailly in midfield?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

3 CB's Coletrain?

Or Desailly in midfield?

Possibly Desailly there or Albiol can play fullback.

I was going for Srna, was sure I would get him too!

Good pick Blatter, not a better left back left imo.

Good pick Blatter, not a better left back left imo.

Ye id agree, still amazed some central midfielders havent been picked yet and a certain number 10 who was immense this season when he played

• Advertisement

Agreed. that's the thing with the draft system, some great players always end up getting overlooked.

Unles you are like me and make a spreadsheet of everyone so you can see who is available.

Thanks-based voting
    so 12hrs have passed... next!

No, remember we don't count between 1-7 AM.

Maybe
    This is really starting to drag. I seem to remember this happening with the previous two drafts and the consequence is that people start to lose interest.

Let's motor, people!

Thanks-based voting
    No, remember we don't count between 1-7 AM.

didnt actually realise that, so 8am-2pm are exempt for me eh...awesome no more rushing picks while in work

floyd has just over an hour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Thanks-based voting
    There should of have been some punishment for missing your pick . Like go at the end of that round or something . will this be his second missed pick if he doesnt do it in time ?

Maybe
    We can't change the rules now.

But it might be a good idea for future drafts

Thanks-based voting
    There should of have been some punishment for missing your pick . Like go at the end of that round or something . will this be his second missed pick if he doesnt do it in time ?

only problem with that is that you then may be waiting for the person again at the end of the round, shouldnt be obviously but atleast this way we continue and they make their pick as soon as they can and the longer they leave it the more potential picks they miss out on.

People legitimatley cant be online every day especially weekends and things like this always slow down. This has actually had a faster pace than usual with only 16 competitors so hopefully people wont lose interest if one or 2 of those in the middle of rds drag their feet a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Thanks-based voting
    it's only the one poster which seems to have been a problem. it's unfortunate, but push on through lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Lethal injection imo!

• Advertisement
Advertisement