Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2012 Draft

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Developed answers only count toward the vote
    How would that work with the legends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Round Robin
    How would that work with the legends?

Most if not all the legends picked will have been recreated by the vast FIFA community on the in-game and web creation centre. You can make a player or team and share them online and download them as playable in game.

Fantastic idea eagle eye and one I thought about doing but decided against it due to how much effort would be involved. I initially was going to make all the teams, simulate them, and then as I can't record them live I would have posted the Match Stats screen as a photo which would have been deadly for seeing just how the match would go.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Developed answers only count toward the vote
    Ya I know about the creation centre. I think its a great idea and would make it a more interesting game over all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

20 Participants
    Great idea. Make it happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Maybe
    Man United's team that won the treble are immense of FIFA :Pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

No thanks
    If you need someone to stream it/record it for Youtube, give us a shout. Know a fair few lads with HD PVR's and I think they'd be willing to help out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Historical Euro player Wildcard
    Time to close up shop for this round. I apologise again for failing to get in my writeups, I've had little time whatsoever to do it. I will catch them up eventually.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I was just thinking about doing something mad for the final. I don't know if people will go for it either but I was thinking that we could have the final on xbox with no players controlling it. Just a game say 15 minutes per half and streamed live.

I think it would be fun. I'm willing to do it but I'd have to learn how to stream. I can do all the stuff like setting up the teams the way the managers like etc. What do people think?

Are you envisaging replacing the voting with this or using it as an additional thing?

Semifinal Draw:

Moneymaker vs Coletrickle88
    Blatter vs LuckyLloyd

• Advertisement

20 Participants
    Well i've said along Coletrickle has the best side so i'm a dog going into this game. Will try and think of some way to beat him. :p

Round Robin
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Well i've said along Coletrickle has the best side so i'm a dog going into this game. Will try and think of some way to beat him. :p

It's tough trying to think of stuff to write when you like the other team more than your own, as I just found out yesterday.

20 Participants
    Semi finals need more love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Poll-based voting
    I am gutted I was on holiday when this was getting sorted out, would love to be involved,enjoying reading the threads though lads, well done to all involved and good luck to those still in it.

20 Participants
    It's worth noting that the 2 almost certain finalists were numbers 1 and 2 in the draft, they got first dibs in round 1 AND in the wild card rounds. Granted they got the final picks in the classic rounds but there is practially a bottomless pit of players to choose in that round. Makelele, Shearer, Bergkamp, Schmeichal, Lizarazu, Cannavaro to name only 6 not picked.

Round Robin
    Now that I am out I can say what I really wanted in the draft.

I had a list for the Not at Euro's wildcard, I needed a CB so my list was Kompany, Vidic, Subotic, Vermaelen. I didnt save the list, and when my pick came I completely forgot Subotic existed and picked Vermaelen. Was about an hour later I realised my error and by then it was far too late.

:o

Other than that I was really happy with my picks, although I could have left Cech slide for a few more rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Thanks-based voting
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    It's worth noting that the 2 almost certain finalists were numbers 1 and 2 in the draft, they got first dibs in round 1 AND in the wild card rounds. Granted they got the final picks in the classic rounds but there is practially a bottomless pit of players to choose in that round. Makelele, Shearer, Bergkamp, Schmeichal, Lizarazu, Cannavaro to name only 6 not picked.

Meh, I think Cole and I did a very good job though. We put together a balanced squad and seemed to be always thinking about whether the pick would work with the players we already had.

We had a huge advantage, but we took full advantage of it if that makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Thanks-based voting
    I personally think I took a few risks in my picks .

I could have went for Xavi or Iniesta in my first pick and set up my midfield up nicely . Also think going for Hummels so early was a risk one that paid off handsomely though .

Deschamps is another I wouldn't imagine many had him on their lists .

We went first and second but there was 30 other players picked before we got to go again .

I'm going to keep the voting open till I get back from school tomorrow so there'll be a few more hours available. I might even get a chance to do another writeup.

Thanks-based voting
    I think some people are making too much of the fact me an Lloyd went first in round 1 and the not at euros round personally .

Thanks-based voting
    Lloyd & Gk would yous mind delaying the final till Sunday ? I'll be home Saturday night and it's a nightmare finding Wifi over here .

• Advertisement

That's alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Thanks-based voting
    That's cool

Thanks-based voting
    Ready to go whenever