Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a house

Options
  • 10-05-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

My partner and I are looking to rent a house in the city, we are currently in an apartment but its too noisey and damp we want to leave we looking for a nice 2 or 3 bed house no more than 550 because of new rent allowance limits. iv looked on the internet but havent found anything worth looking at. any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

There's always houses in hillview for rent.
    I think I seen someone on here mentioning to stay away from bookaroom, if you where thinking about going that route

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Petey89

There's always houses in hillview for rent.
    I think I seen someone on here mentioning to stay away from bookaroom, if you where thinking about going that route
    Im with bookaroom at the min lol i havent really had any problems with them so far an dealing with them the last year and a half but will see what there like when i want my deposit back!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 katcha

Stay clear from them they are a nightmare to deal with when it comes to getting your deposit back

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

There are a few places about for 600-650 that are nice enough, worth checking out and offering 550. That's what we did getting our place and got 100 off asking rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭twistables

bookaroom= stay well away,

• Advertisement

There are a few places about for 600-650 that are nice enough, worth checking out and offering 550. That's what we did getting our place and got 100 off asking rent.
    thanks il try that

twistables wrote: »
    bookaroom= stay well away,
    Im already with bookaroom in the place im in now! didnt hear anything bad about them till after we moved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Would you consider Ferrybank? a few friends of mine are renting new 3 bed houses for €550 per month with some bills paid too. 2 of the houses are in Cristendom Avenue and 1 in the estate across from Aldi. Not massive houses but def not damp and they have nice gardens.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1194948

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1191367
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1198200

i think iv seen two houses in ferrybank on the net they look ok but the furnishings in them where very cheap and uncomfortable looking. but if a good one came up i would consider going for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

one of the one's my friend got, she was looking at a house with a friend and a neighbour came out and asked if they knew anyone who'd like to rent their house foe a year or more as they had been moved in work. just like that lovely house for €550 per month. it wasnt even advertised.

• Advertisement
Advertisement