Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Cork England Football

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Do any of the posters on here know the name of the Man City pub that is near the bus station in Cork?

Cant think of the name of it - thanks in advance
    Johnny

Mulligans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lostmidlander

Hi Scoobie,
    I’m living in Cork 14 years and it's always a challenge getting an atmosphere for an England game. However, I generally watch the match with a couple of other English guys and you’re welcome to join us. The more the merrier. Don't be concerned about wearing the England shirt, I'm sure you will be fine; thankfully the one's that take exception are a small percentage of Cork's population. In general Cork is a really great place to live, you’ve chosen well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Mr Scoobie wrote: »
    This may be asking for trouble but I'm moving to Cork at the beginning of June and being English, I'm a bit gutted that I'm gonna be away from UK pubs during the Euros. Is there any "safe" pub in Cork where I can where my English jersey and shout loudly at the tele while England lose on penalties?
    I googled "England supporters club Cork" and while there is one in Dublin there's not in Cork.
    Is this a ridiculous request? Are there any other brits in Cork who want to meet up and blame Frank Lampard together?
    Cheers

What's the difference between watching England lose in an Irish bar, and watching England lose in an English one? ;)

There's a Chelsea supporters bar on Leitrim street, good chance it would be full of ex-pats,
    can't imagine there being many native Chelsea supporters here over the age of 15

Never been in there myself so can't vouch for the place
    nearly went for the first Napoli match with two lads from Naples and a few other of their Italian friends
    Christ they had a lucky escape! I can't imagine Napoli or any opposition fans getting a warm reception in that particular haunt!

As for the OP, don't be afraid to wear your England jersey, vast majority of people won't give a damn and why should they. If a scumbag gives you hassle just ask him where is his liverpool/man utd shirt! Or better still, kick him in the balls.

grenache wrote: »
    Christ they had a lucky escape! I can't imagine Napoli or any opposition fans getting a warm reception in that particular haunt!

ever been in there?

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    ever been in there?

Yep. Me no likey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I've worn my England jersey in the Bodega, The Rob Roy, An Brog and probably a few others. You get a few stink eyes alright but mostly people don't care. It's the group of 15 year old wah kids wearing tracksuits that you'd want to give a wide berth.

Another side effect of the jersey is every 2nd prick telling you why we're sh*t but as a Spurs jersey wearer too I'm pretty used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mr Scoobie

I thought I'd leave some feedback after watching the England France game for any future readers of the thread. I went to Reardens? (definitely spelt wrong) because it had a Euro poster the size of the building outside but it was really really empty, two people in there and one of them was getting paid.

Abandoned ship and went to the woolshed, mobbed, admittedly mostly french, from apple apparently, but plenty of England fans and shirts too, lots of chatting, lots of shouting.

good food and jugs of (bad) beer for under a tenner. Hopefully it will be that busy for the rest of the games.

Was anyone somewhere better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Mr Scoobie wrote: »
    I thought I'd leave some feedback after watching the England France game for any future readers of the thread. I went to Reardens? (definitely spelt wrong) because it had a Euro poster the size of the building outside but it was really really empty, two people in there and one of them was getting paid.

Abandoned ship and went to the woolshed, mobbed, admittedly mostly french, from apple apparently, but plenty of England fans and shirts too, lots of chatting, lots of shouting.

good food and jugs of (bad) beer for under a tenner. Hopefully it will be that busy for the rest of the games.

Was anyone somewhere better?

How big was the jug? And did you see the prices of any of the other beers?

It looks like a good place, but I looked at the prices online - they didn't have the drafts up, but most bottles were a fiver and 500ml/pint bottles were about €6-€7!

http://www.woolshedbaa.com/cork/baa-2/beers-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

I was in there for the Holland v Denmark match and it was busy, good atmosphere. Was packed for the Ireland match.

I normally drink pints of Smithwicks in the Woolshed, cos it's good there. And it's only €3.90 a pint. They are also doing a loyalty card thing at the moment where you get a stamp for every pint you buy and get one free after 10.

Another positive is that they have some cracking barmaids :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

I personally wud shout for England myself after Ireland of course.I I was supporting them last monday against the french frogs and the fact im a big arsenal fan means ive a big interest in seeing Alex chamberlain and theo walcott play well. The days are well gone apart from a small minority of small minded idiots to hate england even thoug they walk around in premiership jerseys every other day!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

evilivor wrote: »
    Mulligans.

Thanks il petrol bomb that later .(Sarcasm /Joke)!!! Haha anyone know of a good
    Manchester united fan pum :L im turning 18 end of summer and love to make myself acquaintated for the new season :) before i go to the man u v spurs match in september with the mates :P

linfield wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry bout an English jersey at all. I've worn Glasgow Rangers tops in Cork City centre and apart from a few bemused looks I didn't get any hassle.

U serious ?:/ If my friend saw ya he'd kill ya hes a really big republican really smart lad too before i was in spain went up to my ma and da wearing celtic jersey gettin money.they were sitting outside a pub ya no and they asked me to go over to another pub and ask for a lend of darts.i walked over beknowing it was a rangers fan club went to walk in the door and got aloud of shifty looks in blue shirts haha just started laughing and walked away :S :L:L

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

U serious ?:/ If my friend saw ya he'd kill ya

Sigh.

:rolleyes:

Roar wrote: »
    Sigh.

:rolleyes:

Haha it was a joke chill.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

U serious ?:/ If my friend saw ya he'd kill ya hes a really big republican really smart lad too before i was in spain went up to my ma and da wearing celtic jersey gettin money.they were sitting outside a pub ya no and they asked me to go over to another pub and ask for a lend of darts.i walked over beknowing it was a rangers fan club went to walk in the door and got aloud of shifty looks in blue shirts haha just started laughing and walked away :S :L:L

He's a Scottish Republican, is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Haha it was a joke chill.:cool:

yeah. Hilarious.

Grow up.

Advertisement