Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monsoon and exchange rate(returning items)

Options
  • 10-05-2012 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi all,hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on a problem that I am having.

I purchased some items on the monsoon.co.uk site and decided to return them to the ROI store. I didn't expect to get the euro price back that was on the sticker but expected my refund to be issued at the current exchange rate of GBP to Euro.

There was a few issues in store so I left feeling a bit flustered and when I got home I realised that I had been "short-changed" of about 65e. I rang the store and was talking to the manager who informed me that the refund was correct as Monsoon use their own exchange rate. Hmmmmp

Anyway am I within my rights(considering their T&C's state they use their local exchange rate) to ask for my items to be returned to me so I can send them back to the UK and get my refund issued in Sterling? I was waiting for the manager to ring me back today to talk about it but she never did so I will ring them again in the morning. Would it be fair to assume I am entitled to get a refund in whatever currency I paid in?

Here are the T&C's
    If you have purchased your order on our website in Sterling, but wish to return it to one of our Republic of Ireland branches, you will receive your refund in Euros as this is the currency they trade in. Our local exchange rate will be applied to the transaction, which may be subject to change. Should you wish to obtain your refund in Sterling, then please use option 2, below.

2)New Free Returns via Collect+ (UK only)

Monsoon has partnered with Collect+ to allow our UK customers to return items at over 3,800 local stores, most of which are open early until late, 7 days a week, making returns as convenient as possible for you.

All you need to do is:

1. Complete your returns information on the despatch/returns note included in your order

2. Peel off the Collect+ returns label included in your order and attach it to your parcel, ensuring any original delivery labels are covered over. If you have lost your label, you can print a new one from www.collectplus.co.uk/monsoon-accessorize

3. Simply take your parcel to any of the 3,800 local stores offering Collect+ services. You’ll receive proof of postage and a code to track your return online (track at www.collectplus.co.uk/track/new)

4. You can find you nearest store at www.collectplus.co.uk/monsoon-accessorize. You can also text COLLECT and your postcode (e.g. COLLECT NG23 5HD) to 84555. Texts from 84555 are Free to receive. Texts to 84555 are charged at your standard network rate. Full terms and conditions are available at www.collectplus.co.uk/smsterms

Please note that Homeware items must be returned directly to us via post. Only items ordered on Monsoon.co.uk can be returned using the Collect+ service. Items must have the correct Collect+ label attached. Full Collect+ terms and conditions can be found at www.collectplus.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

My concern here is it states
    Our local exchange rate
    , so yes you'll get euro but at their rate which is not going to be very favorable compared to say a bank or credit union (or xe.com)

To ensure you get the full amount and although its alot more work if you can get it to someone in the uk or just northern ireland will do they can use collect+ to return it for free and you should in theory get a full refund of what you actually paid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Pity they don't refund you the amount they charge in Euro for the same items - you'd be up by €100+ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

sandin wrote: »
    Pity they don't refund you the amount they charge in Euro for the same items - you'd be up by €100+ :)

Yeah I know! I wanted to exchange one dress for a size bigger but it would of cost me an extra 85e to do so! They really have crazy Sterling to Euro exchange rates.

Advertisement