Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communion - gift or cash?

Options
  • 10-05-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I'm going to my friend's daughter's communion next week.
    Do kids like getting presents for their communions or do they just want cash and if so, how much is enough - is €20 stingy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Give her a nice little bible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Either or really - I like the idea of a gift, Communions and Confirmations have become a bit of a cash banking exercise and some parents feel uncomfortable with friends giving cash to their children (not a lot... but some!)

There is a lovely range of reasonably priced silver jewellery for girls available. Sorry I dont know the name but have a look around at shops. Nice silver chain with contemporary pendant, doesnt have to be religious. Or pair of silver diamond studs if she has her ears pierced?

I always feel its nice to have a gift to mark the occasion, rather than cash. My own nephew is mkaing his communion this weekend. He wanted a digital safe (!) so I got him that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

How much should a communion maker receive if cash was offered?

Edit: What is an appropriate amount of cash to give someone making their Holy Communion?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

I think it depends on the kid, if they are related or not. Like I mean some people are parting with €50 minimum. At least with a gift the price isn't so obvious.

Advertisement