Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

800-1200 pc build

Options
  • 10-05-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

1. What is your budget? 800-1200e
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming (battlefield, guild wars, crysis), Downloading, movies
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? no

5. Do you need a monitor? yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. 22-24
    5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard, Mouse, Wireless Card, multi Card Reader (if poss),/Speakers
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? Bank Transfer,Credit Card
    9. When are you purchasing? within a week

Any help would be appreciated, if necessary im will to add an additional 300 to the budget because of all the peripherals needed. thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

This will maul everything at 1080p ;)

Item|Price
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€34.16
    LiteOn iHAS124-19 schwarz SATA|€17.38
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB, SATA II (HD502HJ)|€71.26
    Intel Core i5-3570K Tray, LGA1155|€201.99
    Thermalright True Spirit 120|€23.78
    BenQ GL2450|€141.78
    Logitech Speaker System Z323|€33.60
    Cooler Master CM Storm Inferno Mouse, USB|€40.74
    Crucial M4 64GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5")|€74.54
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SB-Version Englisch|€83.56
    LogiLink Wireless LAN 300 Mbps PCI Karte 802.11n 2T2R|€16.42
    BitFenix Shinobi Midi-Tower USB 3.0 black, ohne Netzteil|€52.01
    MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5/OC, GeForce GTX 670, 2048MB DDR5|€408.98
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W|€56.53
    ASRock Z77 Pro4, Sockel 1155, ATX|€103.01
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€1378.73

If its too much over budget, you can get rid of a few things and bring it down.

Oh and all you need is a keyboard, as all the ones on that site are in German layout.

EDIT: forgot the Card Reader. Here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blaze87

Thought I`d put this here as i went with the build that was suggested above, minus the monitor, SSD and sound system.

My problem:
    Initially the computer came on fine... no problems, installed windows allowed it to update windows, Downloaded FireFox, Google Chrome, Avast and Malwarebytes.

Then I Downloaded Origin and installed Battlefield 3... Battlefield would not run. had to reset the computer after each attempt Because the computer would slow right down, almost freeze.

So i tried Installing Crysis 2 as i thought that Origin was the problem. Same thing happened when i tried to run that.

So I opened Task Manager and ran it while trying to run Crysis... At that i see that the Memory usage spikes to 7.6gb and the CPU usage spikes to 100%

once this happens the computer will not respond and i have to shut it down by holding the power button until it shuts down.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Right, was Crysis 2 downloaded through steam or was it on a disc? I wasn't too sure when reading it :D.

Have you got all the GFX Drivers installed? Have you tried something like 3DMark11? MemTest to see if your RAM is ok? Prime 95 to check CPU stability?

What are your temps like? Again, covering all bases :). Have you been able to check what processes in Task Manager are running when you boot up a game? Whenever I clicked on RTW on my old computer it would launch the game 5-7 times, depending on its mood :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Yes, I'd check graphics drivers first.
    Also make sure that you're not missing any chipset drivers.

Check that you have directx installed and up to date.

Crysis 2 was installed off a cd, as was Battlefield. I switched around the ram slots, same thing. Checked one on its own, same thing for both. so the ram seems fine.

CPU temps are ok, as for Stability, honestly i dont know how to check that.

I installed all gfx drivers that was on the cd anyway. Directx 11 came with the cd as far as i know. but i downloaded it seperatley anyway.

it doesnt show any programs running when tryin to boot up the game. but it shows all the background processes, if you understand the difference.

and how do i check chipset drivers?

• Advertisement

Uninstall those gfx drivers and install the latest ones from the Nvidia website.

I may be showing my ignorance here but, I installed the latest gfx driver from nvidia site last night without uninstalling the old ones and still the same thing... Would not uninstalling the old first make a difference?

I should add that everything else like music and videos and internet work fine... Albeit a tad slower than I would have expected

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Blaze87 wrote: »
    I may be showing my ignorance here but, I installed the latest gfx driver from nvidia site last night without uninstalling the old ones and still the same thing... Would not uninstalling the old first make a difference?

I should add that everything else like music and videos and internet work fine... Albeit a tad slower than I would have expected

From what i have read, preferably you should uninstall the old drivers first and then install the new drivers from the nvidia website

i uninstalled all drivers then reinstalled the new drivers... then ran Crysis 2. it runs fine on ultra spec...

then i go to play battlefield and the cpu and memory usage spike to 100%.

Really? That's odd... At least the problem is starting to sort itself out, maybe try a reinstall of BF3?

• Advertisement

Ya I figured it's a step anyway. Im in the process of reinstatlling now

Reinstalled bf3... Same problem. Im at a loss now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Sounds more like a problem with the game itself if everything else is working.
    Try updating directx anyway.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17431

After that, maybe go to the nvidia control panel and disable AA, AF and any extras. I haven't had an nVidia card in a while so I can't remember exactly what's there.

Monotype wrote: »
    Sounds more like a problem with the game itself if everything else is working.
    Try updating directx anyway.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17431

After that, maybe go to the nvidia control panel and disable AA, AF and any extras. I haven't had an nVidia card in a while so I can't remember exactly what's there.

nope... Directx didnt do it... and the contro; pane; wasnt much good either.... spose ill just wait for bf4 :P but im stumped.

thanks for the help guys. appreciate it. at least i can play crysis

So is bf3 the only one acting up or is Crysis the only one not? I'd recommend trying out more games to be sure to be sure. Yes, lots and lots of games :D.

Crysis is working brilliantly... Bf3 is still causing the computer to almost freeze and and spikes the memory and CPU usage to 100%. It wont even load up.

I haven't tried any other games yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Sholden

jaykay2 wrote: »
    I actually had a problem once I had everything installed tried to play battlefield 3. I couldn't get it to run and spent literally 10 hours reading over hundreds of pages of posts in relation to battlefield 3 problems. It seemed like there were thousands of people out there who were in the same boat as me, yet no one could provide a solution. 

Came across something on the ea forum that mentioned a piece of software that came with the driver disk for my  Asrock z77 extreme4 motherboard, that interfered with battlefield 3. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but I disabled it last night and have been able to play since. 

Very satisfied that I was able to get it running despite the lack of help from dice or ea directly. 

Found this on another thread. Might be a similar problem

ok today i tried battlefield again. I had the resource manger open while it was loading... CPU and memory spiked to 100% again... but in the recourse manager uner CPU a process "Ekag20nt.exe" came up several times. it filled the page of processes... that mean anything?

I'm pretty sure that's Lucid Virtu MVP. Uninstall it and you'll be grand. Good work spotting it, there seems to be a good few reported problems about it on the web.

Eboggles wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's Lucid Virtu MVP. Uninstall it and you'll be grand. Good work spotting it, there seems to be a good few reported problems about it on the web.

that did the Job nicely... you are a Legend. thanks a lot

and thanks to everyone whoe helped. seriously appreciate it :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement