Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB overdraft query

Options
  • 10-05-2012 8:12pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

AIB have given me an overdraft. They said it would appear yesterday or today. I logged into my online banking and can't see any mention of it / nothing obvious to indicate it's there.

Does anyone have one and know how I can check through online banking if it's on the account yet?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

from personal experience - theres no way to check via online banking. call up telephone banking and they can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pjmn

A way to check online is to opt to make a transfer (you won't have to actually make it) - you should be told how much you have available to transfer - if that amount is exactly the same as your balance then there is no overdraft in place - if however it says you have say E1k more then your actual balance available to transfer - then you have a E1k overdraft.... (works on BOI interest banking - so I'm assuming AIB's is similar)...

it doesnt work like that with aib pjmn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

When they activated mine it was ready to use after 9pm the same day they approved it. If your balance is zero at the moment, best way to check is trying to withdraw cash from an ATM. Or ring their helpline? I think they are open until 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

The facility fee of 25euro approx should be visible when the overdraft has been applied

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

DarkJager wrote: »
    When they activated mine it was ready to use after 9pm the same day they approved it. If your balance is zero at the moment, best way to check is trying to withdraw cash from an ATM. Or ring their helpline? I think they are open until 9pm

Nah my balance isn't zero so can't check that way unfortunately.
    The facility fee of 25euro approx should be visible when the overdraft has been applied

Graduate bank account, so no fee.

Other banks online systems clearly show Balance and Available Balance as seperate, it's a pity AIB don't do the same. :(

this was not the case for me. this didnt show for some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

There was no sign of mine when it was applied. I had to ring 24 hour banking to confirm it was there - and it was!

Advertisement