Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Northern Ireland - Driving Offence-Court Appearance

• 10-05-2012 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I got pulled over by the PSNI for using my mobile phone on the M1 motorway near Lisburn today. I have a ROI licence but have lived/worked in the North for the past while and drive a northern registered car.

The officer that stopped me said that it would normally be a fixed penalty (points and a fine) but since I have a southern licence I have to attend court. I know this is a fairly standard procedure but has anyone any experience of it. I know they can now record points received somehow for future record (but not put them directly on my southern licence). Do i just get the same fine and this points record if i go to court or is it normally more. If i plead guilty by post (which she thinks I can do) is that more or less likely to get the basic punishment?

Advertisement