Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a Strimmer Fixed

Options
  • 10-05-2012 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,
    I hope I am posting this in the right section,

I have a Hitachi 2 stroke Lawn Strimmer that is not working at the moment. It is broke with about 2 months, It was left back to the place where it was bought in Ennis to get it fixed at that time. After 2 month of excuses all I know is the the coil for the starter needs to be replaced. The excuses in Ennis was that, getting the part was a problem, which made no since to me because the guy was a Hitachi dealer and a starter seemed like it would be a common enough part to order. (I could be totally wrong here tough)

Anyway I want to try my luck getting it fixed somewhere else. I am looking for a place to get it fixed in either limerick or Clare. If anybody knows of a place I can bring it that would be brilliant.

Thanks a lot,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Theres a man at the top of William St in Limerick that'll do it. I can give you his number if you want (by private message)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭celticmicky

sheekst38 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I hope I am posting this in the right section,

I have a Hitachi 2 stroke Lawn Strimmer that is not working at the moment. It is broke with about 2 months, It was left back to the place where it was bought in Ennis to get it fixed at that time. After 2 month of excuses all I know is the the coil for the starter needs to be replaced. The excuses in Ennis was that, getting the part was a problem, which made no since to me because the guy was a Hitachi dealer and a starter seemed like it would be a common enough part to order. (I could be totally wrong here tough)

Anyway I want to try my luck getting it fixed somewhere else. I am looking for a place to get it fixed in either limerick or Clare. If anybody knows of a place I can bring it that would be brilliant.

Thanks a lot,

Is it still under warranty?
    If it needs a replacement coil it could be expensive.

Also I find it hard to believe getting a Hitachi coil was a problem as the importers for Hitachi usually have a decent spare parts back up for their brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sheekst38

I was able to get this sorted today, well not sorted but I know where to bring it now anyway. There is a place close to the Irish Cement factory out the dock road in Limerick if any1 cares.

Thanks anyway for the replies.

Advertisement