Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV Show - Paddies On Oz

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Last nights was in Melbourne, anyone watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

A guy I know was on the Melbourne one last night but TV3 player only works from Ireland. Does anyone know if there's anywhere I can watch the episode online?

Universe posted this:

Got it working, used the first one on the list http://spys.ru/free-proxy-list/IE/
    I am using Firefox so it's File>Options>Advanced>Network>Settings, tick Manual Proxy configuration, paste the IP address in there (HTTP Proxy) and the port is 80 for the first one. Delete cookies and the video will work fine.

Couldnt get it going myself though, wouldnt mind watching the Melbourne one.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Reckon its hard to be on a show like that without coming off as a nonce.

If you are successful, they will try convey you as that and you'll look like a pompous git preaching to the camera that "you've made it" and that "its great over here".

If you are not successful, they edit you out :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Show was quite decent but seems to be the last one. Amazed they arent doing Perth.
    Last night there was a group of jockeys and horse people. One guy Tom Ryan I think was a jockey in Ireland but with downturn went to oz. He won the grand narional equivalent in oz on a 95/1 horse.
    Came across as a nice bunch. One lad from Killenaule in Tipp. They went racing in Mornington and then showed them in Quiet man pub.
    Other group were bunch of lads who seemed to be getting on v well. From Donegal I think. One an architect and another a town planner who had set up his own business.
    Other group were backpackers living and drinking in St Kilda. The usual drinking and a lad trying to pull a better looking bird for the camera. She gave him the heave ho.
    The girl did a skydive over St Kilda beach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭kermit_the_dog

you got the impression from last nites show ( slightly dull compared to last week ) that melbourne is less home to eejitry than sydney when it comes to the irish , may not be true of course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Plenty of eejits here but I think you might be right because Melbourne doesn't have the best weather compared to most of the other major cites (although personalty I couldn't live in a place like Perth as I like the cold occasionally.) most people who come to Melbourne who are here just to drink and have a laugh don't stay for as long as they would in the other cites as the warm weather is a lot more attractive to people who just want to party and have a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Doc wrote: »
    Plenty of eejits here but I think you might be right because Melbourne doesn't have the best weather compared to most of the other major cites (although personalty I couldn't live in a place like Perth as I like the cold occasionally.) most people who come to Melbourne who are here just to drink and have a laugh don't stay for as long as they would in the other cites as the warm weather is a lot more attractive to people who just want to party and have a good time.

This is true. I think with Melbourne its all about going to the cool little bars/ cafes and restaurants and as such I don't think it caters to the backpackers as other cities might.

I'll definitely be going back when we get our 2nd year.. Some amount of work available!

Advertisement