Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

kitty9 wrote: »
    thanks reznov.

any chance of some skype so u can show me ur bits? :D

Biological or orange bits from my glass of orange juice?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

Reading threads like this scares me. I got 490 in my mocks which I was very happy with, and I could have done lots more study.

Worried about Irish and the Hamlet essay on English paper two. Any tips for Irish revision? My teacher has given us a ridiculous amount to learn off and it's actually scary how much she wants us to learn. Helpppp!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 micheal1995

jesus this makes me look bad i got 335 in the pres failing 2 subjects and have done f all since better start soon

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

I feel a bit extreme; I'm doing about 11 hours per day at home everyday oO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭BrittneyC_xo

Hmm.. lets see ! I think I got 395 in the Mocks with like, little to no study considering I was on detention for two or three days a week leading right up to the Mocks so I wasn't exactly 'motivated', aha. :p

And as for studying tonight.. I have two Corrie episodes to catch up on, constantly refreshing Facebook because I'm in love with it, and going to the Cinema later tonight.. so as you can tell, I'm studying my butt off. No but seriously, maybe half an hour of study tonight? aha. Hope all of you studying 6+ hours a day have fun ! ♥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Younganddumb

I did a good bit last week and sat myself down for the two english papers over the weekend. Stayed home today and did abt 4.5hrs..struggled big time after the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 22 micheal1995

to be exact when i come home i have dinner and go on the computer then out to the farm id be luckey to study 30 mins a day and work saturday so mmm. thats why i could afford my own car. the education system is crap its a memory test. there are people that would kill anybody at med but cant get the points most cant get a1 in everything. ill put it this way in the subjects i like i can get an a or high b without study but in irish i fail

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Lausie93

Feel like poop atm , got 330 in mocks not including fact i failed irish and maths. Irish teacher wont correct my work until i apologise for drawing on her table ( not gonna happen). English teacher has taken weeks to correct questions i handed up so now won't have time to improve them before leaving cert. 2 weeks to go and i just feel like i've failed already, want about 500 (not including 25 extra from honours maths). Hate the leaving cert!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Lausie93 wrote: »
    Feel like poop atm , got 330 in mocks not including fact i failed irish and maths. Irish teacher wont correct my work until i apologise for drawing on her table ( not gonna happen). English teacher has taken weeks to correct questions i handed up so now won't have time to improve them before leaving cert. 2 weeks to go and i just feel like i've failed already, want about 500 (not including 25 extra from honours maths). Hate the leaving cert!:(

I'm sorry but shouldn't you be 17-19 years old if you're doing the Leaving Cert? Just say sorry and explain to the teacher that you need to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

doing 5-6 hours any day I have school and on weekends and days I'm off it can be up to 8 hours a day....I need every minute of it though....:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Doing 3-4 hours a day, about 3 subjects a day but need to push myself a bit more 2 get more covered in the next 2 weeks:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I've spent a good 5 hours at applied maths today. I think I'm going insane.

I'm just looking over at topics I haven't done any work in for a number of months.

Definitely took my foot of the pedal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

finality wrote: »

I'd love to be doing it ^^ be grateful =P

I did ZERO yes, that's right ZERO today. I was playing music for the first 6 classes in school and then had triple maths. Got home, sat in front of a poetry book, read 'pheasant' walked away. Driving lesson. sat at the piano, declared it out of tune...

^I could but only paraphrase Rich for part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

:confused:

Try doing 4 hours of Irish grammar.. I'm actually cracking up.

Wesc. wrote: »

:confused:

Try doing 4 hours of Irish grammar.. I'm actually cracking up.

<3 Everyone seems to be complaining about the good things. I enjoy Irish grammar! But i can't learn essays :-(

Any tips what to do for french? Just keep writing out idioms or essays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

ChemHickey wrote: »
    <3 Everyone seems to be complaining about the good things. I enjoy Irish grammar! But i can't learn essays :-(

Any tips what to do for french? Just keep writing out idioms or essays?

I'm the exact opposite :L I could learn a 4 page essay in 30 mins but it could take me an hour to properly learn the difference between masculine and feminine words :o

Ahh French <3. Just from now on listen to as much French as you can and do the comprehensions as quick as you can, do every comprehension in the papers. What I do for the written is try make pieces up on the spot using idioms and phrases. I think it's just too hard to predict the exam tbh.

Wesc. wrote: »
    I'm the exact opposite :L I could learn a 4 page essay in 30 mins but it could take me an hour to properly learn the difference between masculine and feminine words :o

Ahh French <3. Just from now on listen to as much French as you can and do the comprehensions as quick as you can, do every comprehension in the papers. What I do for the written is try make pieces up on the spot using idioms and phrases. I think it's just too hard to predict the exam tbh.

I love the grammar in Irish.... I'll probably just end up making up the essay on the day! :L

I made up my french ones on the day of the mocks and it ent really well... I make mine always funny... My one on racism was talking about there being a hierarchy amogst the races, then talking about my arab friend walking into a library and someone throwing water at his face

My diary entry was about my break up... I said that we'd have grown old, had beautiful children and would have stayed on a beach... but then I said she was an ugly ***** who broke up with me as I was too embarrassing for her... It was quite fun...

I ended getting an A1 in both! :L I was delighted! :L

I feel it was a nice paper though... and that I won't be so lucky on the day :L

I love the grammar in Irish.... I'll probably just end up making up the essay on the day! :L

I made up my french ones on the day of the mocks and it ent really well... I make mine always funny... My one on racism was talking about there being a hierarchy amogst the races, then talking about my arab friend walking into a library and someone throwing water at his face

My diary entry was about my break up... I said that we'd have grown old, had beautiful children and would have stayed on a beach... but then I said she was an ugly ***** who broke up with me as I was too embarrassing for her... It was quite fun...

I ended getting an A1 in both! :L I was delighted! :L

I feel it was a nice paper though... and that I won't be so lucky on the day :L

Hold up....

You're male?!

reznov wrote: »
    Hold up....

You're male?!

But of course.... :L

How else do you think I'm so witty... :L

• Advertisement

You know, very little surprises me academically and socially, yet this discovery is even more fascinating than any Bernoulli trial will ever prove to be.

Don't think adding any acid base indicator would help in determining your gender.

You know, very little surprises me academically and socially, yet this discovery is even more fascinating than any Bernoulli trial will ever prove to be.

Don't think adding any acid base indicator would help in determining your gender.

Yes you're right in your analysis. I'm too chelametric.

Yes, I am a man.

Bernouilli is god, but he's no Godfried Liebnitz

I presumed he was male. Guess litmus wins this once!

I haven't done any Irish grammar since third year. No actually, we had one class on it a few weeks ago. Oh well! With a nice paper I think I could manage a B1 in Irish. The grammar actually makes no sense to me though, I just throw a h in every so often and hope for the best.

Yes, I am a man.

I think Heisenberg's Uncertainty principle is fitting and applicable to you.

Yes, I am a man.

I think Heisenberg's Uncertainty principle is fitting and applicable to you.

Indeed.

It's ma golden rule for life- be ambiguous.

Indeed.

Usually people on the internet assume I'm male, sometimes I set my gender to male to encourage it. I'm not sure why. :L

Indeed.

Ah yes. Unlucky for you, your ambiguity only holds in the orbital known as the Internet.

In real life, you become certain.

Indeed.

Usually people on the internet assume I'm male, sometimes I set my gender to male to encourage it. I'm not sure why. :L

To keep the predators at bay. Smart woman.

Unless it's a double reverse psychology trick is it?

I commonly get you mixed up with ChemHickey due to your use of the ":L" smilie.

Hope that helps. :(

• Advertisement

I commonly get you mixed up with ChemHickey due to your use of the ":L" smilie.

Hope that helps. :(

Ok ok, I confess, I have two profiles... I'm finality... :L

Advertisement