Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RB List in N. Ireland?

• 10-05-2012 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

First off, forgive me for bringing up this subject (again!) please don't shoot! :o

But a boards.ie search and a google search didn't get me there, so I've got to ask outright:

Is there a RB list in Northern Ireland? I've seen the list of 4 breeds that are listed as dangerous & thus prohibited, but is there a general list of other breeds like we have here in the Republic that have to be muzzled, etc?

I ask b/c I'm minutes away from the border & if my GSD & Rottie don't have to be muzzled in the North I'd just as soon go there for our outings.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Just the 4 breeds that are banned, there are no restrictions on any other breeds up there so your rottie and gsd don't need muzzles. Not sure what the law on leads is up there, wonder is it the same as here just under control?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Whahoo, was hoping that's what would be said :D

Funny enough, we were out at a park in the North recently and the sign only said "dogs must be under control" - no mention of leads, etc. Was very good to see.

Advertisement