Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen Bike from Secure Underground Carpark

• 10-05-2012 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

My bicycle was stolen from the secure underground car park of my workplace today.

Unfortunately, the electronic shutter gates were out of order today and the management company failed to inform everyone in the building of this, pretty much leaving the car park open for a free for all for anyone looking to get up to some thievery. To the best of my knowledge, 5/6 bikes were taken.

My bike was not locked at the time, nor were any of the others - naive I know but it was in a secure underground car park.

Essentially, I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions as to whether the management company of the building has any case to answer due to their failure to secure the car park due to the broken gates and their failure to inform people in the building of the broken gates?

Haven spoken to them earlier, they are consulting their insurance company on the issue but I'm just trying to build up some ammunition should I need it!

Also, if it makes any difference from a legal perspective, there are no signs in the car park highlighting "the management accepts no liability"/"parking at your own risk", etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Very unlikely there is any liability - even if there were you'd lose a big chunk in your own contributory negligence. Sorry its not better news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

No, you have no case. Bike is parked at your own risk, with or without signs.

Have you got your bike insured, maybe on your contents insurance?

Advertisement