Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Second year visa

Options
  • 10-05-2012 9:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36

Hi, I'm in the middle of trying to get my papers for 2nd year visa sorted, but am bit stuck as it is different from last year. Anyway, does anyone know what the site means by an electronic copy of our papers? As in, do we just save all the information to word, then convert it to pdf? This would be grand, but am just worried as the pages with barcodes only come up when printing out stuff, and how are you supposed to sign an electronic copy? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

What kind of visa are you looking for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 SarahBK

A working visa for one year

You need to be more specific, there are many different working visas and some are easier to renew than others.
    Are you talking about a J1 graduate visa? Did you maybe post in the wrong section and meant to post this in Living Abroad, regarding a Canadian visa?

Probably yes thanks for your help

** moving to Living Abroad forum as OP is asking about Canadian visa ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 irishoverseas

SarahBK wrote: »
    Hi, I'm in the middle of trying to get my papers for 2nd year visa sorted, but am bit stuck as it is different from last year. Anyway, does anyone know what the site means by an electronic copy of our papers? As in, do we just save all the information to word, then convert it to pdf? This would be grand, but am just worried as the pages with barcodes only come up when printing out stuff, and how are you supposed to sign an electronic copy? Cheers!

Hi , the electronic copy they are talking about is simply the part of your documents that a computer can read. for example in your passport the electronic copy is the page with your photo on it and all your data. there is a barcode type encryption on the bottom which is read by computer the same as check in at airport reads. good luck

Hi, thanks a million for getting back to me, that has helped a lot, cheers!

Advertisement