Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do You still fancy your partner ?

• 10-05-2012 10:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭

Well do you ? I suppose I mean after going through marraige, kids, job loss etc the ups and downs, the rows, smelly socks, farting, bills,weight gain and all that, Do you still fancy them or is it habit at this stage ?

I still fancy my ex wife but she only puts up with me because she has to,(I Think ) seeing the kids etc but we dont hate each other but I still fancy her and I think I always will.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I fancy a mars bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Me and my hand dont get a long very well after all these years, but we put up with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

four18 wrote: »
    Well do you ? I suppose I mean after going through marraige, kids, job loss etc the ups and downs, the rows, smelly socks, farting, bills,weight gain and all that, Do you still fancy them or is it habit at this stage ?

I still fancy my ex wife but she only puts up with me because she has to,(I Think ) seeing the kids etc but we dont hate each other but I still fancy her and I think I always will.

so how come shes your ex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

No. I don't fancy a black man who is two weeks from retirement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

I fancy a mars bar

I'm aroused, where are you?

Wax first please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Me and my hand dont get a long very well after all these years, but we put up with it.

You could change to your other hand, this could backfire however if the 'spurned' hand starts jerking off other men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Like everything else in life there exists a Peep Show sketch on YouTube to sum up my thoughts on this, but due to legal reasons it may have been removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

She said: "Mars bar"

Not a battered one. :p

Get back in your box, bitch :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

shamrock55 wrote: »

I suppose the feeling was not mutial !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

If someone doesn't fancy their partner anymore they should split from them, it would be for the best in most circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I fancy a mars bar
    Marianne?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Im not as horny for my partner as I was years ago, but she has been a light in my life . For that. I love her.

I would love to ride other woman . I wish that was allowed. But not for her. unless it was another woman, and I could join in.

How brill would that be!!!!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

OP, you do realise this question alienates 3/4 of the residents of AH?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

shamrock55 wrote: »
    four18 wrote: »
    I suppose the feeling was not mutial !

So you free to come drinking with me on Monday, Tuesday and every other night?:pac::pac::pac:

She said: "Mars bar"

Not a battered one. :p

I was hoping she would look past my batteredness :(

Get back in your box, bitch :mad:

So...you're telling me there's a chance?!, high five :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Yeah i do :) we're not as sex crazy as we were in the beginning at all but that would be impossible now :O
    I fancy new things about him every day.

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Im not as horny for my partner as I was years ago, but she has been a light in my life . For that. I love her.

I would love to ride other woman . I wish that was allowed. But not for her. unless it was another woman, and I could join in.

Just because you dont fancy them, does not mean you dont love them. But the novelty of a new partner, even for a night would be exciting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Fancy her more now.Watching her get out of bed the other morning and just thought "wow,how lucky am I". Together 20 years and married 15 of them.We have our rows and falling out from time to time but I still look at her and am amazed she is mine.

She thinks I'm a lazy fat bast*rd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Well at least you tried Mr. battered mars bar. God love a tyre. :)

Well at least you tried Mr. battered mars bar. God love a tyre. :)

I wish God, the wee divil, would put a new tyre on my car

Don't make me hurt you batter boy :mad:

Don't make me hurt you batter boy :mad:

We should probably take this flirtatious talk to PM ;)

Domo230 wrote: »
    If someone is not attracted to their partner then they should get a divorce.

Being together for the sake of kids is stupid. As someone who went through it and everyday prayed my would get a divorce, do everyone (including the kids) a favour and split up.

That is too black and white. So you dont get a hard on the minute you see her ? You could still love her/him. Nobody said every day was going to be a Mardi Gras did they ? For better or worse etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

4 year anniversary today and yup I still fancy her :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Ye poor suckers getting dragged into the world of marriage. Ye give me a lot to think out. I'll stock with my idea of prenup for my safety and the safety of those involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I personally think if you genuinely stop fancying someone (Passion fades a bit over time, same with everyone, but I mean if you've completely lost interest) you kinda have a duty to be upfront about it and leave, if possible.

I think it's a bit unfair to pretend to be into someone in order to keep a relationship together. Unless you're doing it for the sake of the kids, it's a bit dishonest and it means they can't go and look for someone else who will actually fancy them.

If you've gone from being partners to just good friends or roommates, IMO it's silly to keep up the pretense of actually being partners. And it's probably what leads to so much bitterness in such relationships I'd say as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Jhcx wrote: »
    Ye poor suckers getting dragged into the world of marriage. Ye give me a lot to think out. I'll stock with my idea of prenup for my safety and the safety of those involved.

Prenups aren't valid in Ireland, so you'd want to watch yourself.

I'm still in lust. But it hasn't been all that long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

No, but I'm kind of used to her at this stage;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

Right - stop me here if I'm misinterpreting the notion of fancy. But fancying someone is an aspect of initial lust. If you are with someone (in a relationship that is), I would assume you do not fancy them but you have progressed to something meaningful with more weight which transcends 'fancying', as you would someone in a play ground. To perceive your partner as someone who should constantly enthrall you is a bit self indulgent. It depends on what you are both bringing to the table. A relationship takes nurturing and effort from both sides, even in the fancy/sex department. Or else you just keep jumping from one to another to maintain some level of excitement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

12yrs on and I still fancy the other half... just call me smitten :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

How so Joe wrote: »
    Prenups aren't valid in Ireland, so you'd want to watch yourself.

I'm still in lust. But it hasn't been all that long.

Youve got to be sheeting me.. what type of f.... country is this . its like the 1900 here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Right - stop me here if I'm misinterpreting the notion of fancy. But fancying someone is an aspect of initial lust.

I think 'fancy' usually just means 'find sexually attractive' to most people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

There is a tipping point though? If you are 60 and you look at them, do you think, hmmm, not really feeling like lobbing it in to them, better file for divorce?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Divorce, getting the business?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Himself still has the moves after ten years- so still good ; ) and if I even half mention that I might be up for a bit of hanky panky his pants magically fly off him, so I can only assume I'm still rocking the moves in his eyes too : )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Right - stop me here if I'm misinterpreting the notion of fancy. But fancying someone is an aspect of initial lust. If you are with someone (in a relationship that is), I would assume you do not fancy them but you have progressed to something meaningful with more weight which transcends 'fancying', as you would someone in a play ground. To perceive your partner as someone who should constantly enthrall you is a bit self indulgent. It depends on what you are both bringing to the table. A relationship takes nurturing and effort from both sides, even in the fancy/sex department. Or else you just keep jumping from one to another to maintain some level of excitement.

Wow that's some convoluted rationalisation for not fancying your partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Together for over a decade. Yes I fancy the pants off of her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Why would I fancy that which I already have.
    The answer here is "No"

However being a man I understand the feelings and sayings :

"Men always want what they can't have"

If I broke up with her I'd want her again coz I wouldn't have her.

meh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Coal1978

Right now......7 hours in labour, no I bloody can't stand the look of my fella. That will all change when this is over lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Coal1978 wrote: »
    Right now......7 hours in labour, no I bloody can't stand the look of my fella. That will all change when this is over lol

You're in labour right now? Jeez I thought I was on boards too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

I definitely do.

In fact, I probably fancy her more - even though we are both arguably less physically attractive than we once were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

with my bf 7 years, still fancy him. I love when ya see them dressed smart, etc, and you think, "omg, you ride!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

emzolita wrote: »
    with my bf 7 years, still fancy him. I love when ya see them dressed smart, etc, and you think, "omg, you ride!"

developed cataracts already? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

My wife is getting more beautiful all the time and i fancy her like mad. I still catch myself staring at her in the shower or as she gets dressed. We've been together for about 15 years and to me she's the most beautiful woman in the world.

Younger than me and way out of my league too. She's also the person who inspires me most. I'm very lucky.

I think the acid test is whether you think about them when you have a ****. And I certainly do....(yes, we have a good sex life, but come on, all blokes have the odd hand shandy...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

I absolutely still do - even after all these years, she's the only one for me, and i still fancy the pants off her.

Is that good enough dear....?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

gsxr1 wrote: »

Getting a hot cleaner
    I have to recommend this to you all.

I got a beautiful Polish girl to come to my little 2 bed house and clean it from top to bottom each week for 30 euro. 10 euro an hour.

I stopped letting my family stuff domino's pizza down their necks, saving 30 euro. (added health benefits)

Now, I sit back and watch a skinny hot girl sweat , rub, polish and clean with a massive smile on my face.

DO IT. unless you like washing behind the jacks each week.

well we all know what you think about whilst tugging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

More than ever...at first it was lust, now tis love & lust !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

Wow that's some convoluted rationalisation for not fancying your partner.

In what sense? Two people who live together for years and know each other backwards, probably will not want to grope each other at every given chance from what I've heard. Does that mean they should pack it in?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement