Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt Collection Agency

Options
  • 10-05-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi. I owe €5000 on a credit card. I've lost my job and now owe money left right and center. Card company have passed the dept to a collection agency, who have been writing to me with the usual threats. Anyway, today a car pulls up outside my house. Out gets a big burly git. Says he's from same agency and starts demanding payment or else. I pretended to listen for a couple of minutes, then i got bored listening and so I in no uncertain terms told him to fu*k off!! Wonder what their gonna do now.
    I did ask same git to keep sending the threatning letters as there handy for lighting the fire! :D:D:D;) :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

You can continue to keep you head stuck in the ground or deal with it.

Unless a bad ICB doesn't bother you...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Steve2007

I have €186 weekly on social welfare. Paying approx €110 weekly for interest only mortgage. €10 per week going to esb. That leaves me with very little for tesco. How would you deal with it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Th best advice i can give you is talk to MABS. also I don't know what the term of your mortgage is but would you be able to put it over a longer period of time, thus making your interest only payments smaller and giving you some cash to pay off the credit card each week?

I've already put mortgage over a longer period. I would have payed off the credit card if i had any funds to do so, but when your skint your skint!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Sorry to hear that. As i said I didnt know if you had done that already. MABS seems to be your only options, debt collectors aren't nice fellas to deal with and won't go away any time soon on there own.

• Advertisement

A fuk*t, i'am just not going to pay them anything. Shur what can they do. They'll probably send two idiots next time. Silly *****r today tried to insist that he had the right to keep returning to my house in the future. I laughed and told him that id give him a puck in the gob for himself if he was to return. Jazus he didnt like hearing that! :D:D

What action can the Dept Collector take now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Steve2007 wrote: »
    What action can the Dept Collector take now?

is it possible they could take contents of your home to the value of 5 grand?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Steve2007 wrote: »
    A fuk*t, i'am just not going to pay them anything. Shur what can they do. They'll probably send two idiots next time. Silly *****r today tried to insist that he had the right to keep returning to my house in the future. I laughed and told him that id give him a puck in the gob for himself if he was to return. Jazus he didnt like hearing that! :D:D

Well judging by posts like this, you don't appear to be so much here for advice but to have a jolly good ha-ha at the situation. As this isn't a forum for comedy stylings, I'm closing this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement