Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 5

Options
  • 10-05-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi

I'm sure I am posting in the right place here. I am moving across the city from south county Dublin to Dublin 5. I'm just wondering what the area is like. It is for a short period of time for work reasons but I have not been around north Dublin an awful lot. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Is this even a place? Dublin 5 must be the least talked about, least known Dublin postcode ever. I can't even name one neighbourhood in that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

where in d5?
    im from edenmore in raheny which is a settled area. there are a couple of dodgy spots like the southside as well but its a good mature area, has excellent transport links, is very close to town, has plenty of shopping centres and is close to the beach and st. annes park

You'll probably need to give more detail than an entire area code and asking what it's like. Do you mean local facilities, the atmosphere of the neighbourhood or what?

In general all I can say is there are some very nice parts of it, and others in which I wouldn't be going for a ramble, but I wouldn't be very familiar with all of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

Raheny Road it's called. Seems like a nice area,just nice to make sure with someone who knows the place. Thanks for the reply

KingK wrote: »
    Raheny Road it's called. Seems like a nice area,just nice to make sure with someone who knows the place. Thanks for the reply

raheny road is nice, very settled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Raheny Road will be grand.

you are near Dart and decent bus services to town, you have Howth not too far either, and St Anne's Park, but don't go in there when it's dark, as with all parks in all cities really.

The Stationhouse Pub is a decent local boozer, I'd avoid The Green Dolphin - both are in Raheny Village.

Chippers, Chinese, Indians, Pizza Places all around the place for take-aways, and not too far from Clontarf, Malahide, Portmarnock for some very good eat-in restaurants too.

Des wrote: »
    Raheny Road will be grand.

you are near Dart and decent bus services to town, you have Howth not too far either, and St Anne's Park, but don't go in there when it's dark, as with all parks in all cities really.

The Stationhouse Pub is a decent local boozer, I'd avoid The Green Dolphin - both are in Raheny Village.

Chippers, Chinese, Indians, Pizza Places all around the place for take-aways, and not too far from Clontarf, Malahide, Portmarnock for some very good eat-in restaurants too.

the old green dolphin, it changed to the watermill a few years ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Always thought the stationghouse was a dodgy kip,especially at weekends..full of people from killbarrack and donaghmede.

People from Donaghmede?! Oh the humanity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

AngryLips wrote: »
    Is this even a place? Dublin 5 must be the least talked about, least known Dublin postcode ever. I can't even name one neighbourhood in that area.
    I'm not even from Dublin and I can name Artane, Raheny, Killester and am aware of the fact that it blends in with Dublin 17.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm not even from Dublin and I can name Artane, Raheny, Killester and am aware of the fact that it blends in with Dublin 17.

And 3 and 9 and 11 and 13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

I can, so can loads of people

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

People from Donaghmede?! Oh the humanity!

Nothing human about em!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Raheny's a great place to live, but shh they like to keep quiet about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dudess wrote: »

That's because you're a taxi man!.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Dublin 5 is a great place to live,as mentioned public transport is excellent.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Sure its the home of 'the dubs'...Anybody around the country who is into kick & catch or stick wars would have heard of Parnell Park.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

the old green dolphin, it changed to the watermill a few years ago
    If I remember rightly didnt the locals used to call that place "The Sick Fish"?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

Thanks for the feedback everyone :)

Advertisement