Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOW can i get a credit card if unemployed?

Options
  • 10-05-2012 11:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭

I am currently unemployed but often when online paypal is not enough, whether it's needing a credit card to pay for something important or that they require you link your paypal to a credit/debit card, i am tired of asking someone who has one to make the purchase or have to walk away from what i wanted to do.

The requirements when linking a credit card or debit card to paypal are that they have a "Visa" or "Masercard" logo.

Can anyone tell me how i can get one of these, i need a good answer, thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

A visa debit would do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Ye get a visa debit card , as uncle bill said
    or
    use an O2 money card , top it up and spend only whats on the card..

Normal credit cards are bad news and often tempt people to buy things they cant afford

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭ByronB

Thanks guys, where can i get the visa debit, at the bank is it? I think some banks do them and some don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭ALS

PTSB gives a visa debit if you open an a/c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Bank of Ireland are currently rolling out VISA debit cards at the moment..

I've got a moneybookers card. Its a mastercard that I can top up with my laser card online. Its ten euro a year and there's no top up fee's like O2 and what not.

Take a look: https://www.moneybookers.com/app/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 nadel302008

Try a prepaid mastercard which can be topped up trough online Banking with a Laser card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭ByronB

There is something wrong with the employees of Bank of Ireland on Parliament Street in Kilkenny. I phoned them today in relation to getting a debit card with the visa or mastercard logo, so the girl on the phone told me everything about the visa debit cards they are giving out at the moment and to call in when ever i am available. I was on the phone to her about 10 mins or more discussing them and she was telling me how it works and that i may need to put money in my account etc.

So i called into the BOI in Kilkenny earlier and after waiting in the queue about 20 minutes i got to the counter to say i was there to apply for my visa debit card.. the woman behind the counter looked at me then the woman beside her and then told me that they are not giving out these cards there at all! She said they will be over the next few "months" and that they all only got theirs recently... i told her about the call and they said there must have being a mistake.. fu*king idiots as far as i'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Are you currently with BoI? What PTSB did when they introduced the visa debit was when you opened up a new account after the visa debit was introduced you automatically got a visa debit card, existing customers got the cards over a period of a few months as it would be impossible to give everyone a card at once. If you are an existing customer who has a atm card ring and say you have lost it and request a new one and you might be lucky or else open an account with PTSB or Ulster bank. I love my visa debit and would never go back to a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

BOI appear to be doing it on a branch by branch basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Departed

ALS wrote: »
    PTSB gives a visa debit if you open an a/c
    Do you have to give details of income from last few months?

• Advertisement
Advertisement