Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Buscuit Cake

Options
  • 10-05-2012 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I made chocolate biscuit cake from the Rolys bistro recipie this evening,
    I used a combination of milk dark and white chocolate . It worked out quiet expensive as I used lintz chocolate at around 2 euro a bar of 100 grams.
    Has anybody used different chocolate and would like to share recipie?

The recipie I used is here

http://www.rolysbistro.ie/blog/?p=8

I thought the end result was good but I spent too much on it.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Aldi dark chocolate is excellent for cooking, I use it for all my chocolate-based baking. I haven't tried their white chocolate but I imagine it's good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gin Fizz

Twee. wrote: »
    Aldi dark chocolate is excellent for cooking, I use it for all my chocolate-based baking. I haven't tried their white chocolate but I imagine it's good too!

Thanks twee I'll take a look at that. I think the coco solids is the most important when you melt the chocolate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i make 2 large tins of chocolate biscuit cake a week and i use the aldi dark, its excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gin Fizz

i make 2 large tins of chocolate biscuit cake a week and i use the aldi dark, its excellent

It's seems to have a seal f approval at this stage. Thanks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pavedparadise

Lidl dark chocolate is also good, think it's in a black and green wrapper. Although personally I much prefer chocolate biscuit cake made with cocoa powder and eggs. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I always use Aldi's Moser Roth dark chocolate for baking (eating too much of it in the process :o). I recently used a Lidl one and found it equally good.

There've been a few CBC discussions in this forum, OP, as well as in the Cooking Club I think. If you do a search you'll get some good recipes. My tip: add Maltesers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I always use Aldi's Moser Roth dark chocolate for baking (eating too much of it inf the process :o). I recently used a Lidl one and found it equally good.

There've been a few CBC discussions in this forum, OP, as well as in the Cooking Club I think. If you do a search you'll get some good recipes. My tip: add Maltesers!

And crunchie!!!

And crunchie!!!
    And Snickers. I could go on, tbh...

And ginger nut biscuits! I think I need to bake this weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

And ginger nut biscuits!
    Though I like ginger nut biscuits I would never put them in a cake that others would be eating, many people despise them.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    Though I like ginger nut biscuits I would never put them in a cake that others would be eating, many people despise them.

Me, for one!

But perhaps the cake is just for her and this isn't a problem ;)

Me, for one!

But perhaps the cake is just for her and this isn't a problem ;)

You got it ;)

Advertisement