Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Housing in Toronto

Options
  • 11-05-2012 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi!

We're 4 students heading to Toronto in June for the summer. Have jobs lined up and stuff but still don't have accommodation sorted. Slightly starting to panic!

Just wondering if anyone can give any advice on houses? I'll be working at the Harbour Front so I don't want anything too far from there.

We were looking at the college accommodation but I'd be worried they'd be full of drunk students (kinda not my scene). And even then there are so many college accommodations that it seems really complicated to figure out the best one.

Any advice anyone has at all would be great! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

I'm not sure, but would the college accommodation not be vacant for the summer, and they only rent it out to whoever wants it for the 2-3 months... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭chargerman

There is college accom on gerrard/yonge which would be 10-15 mins walk to harbour front. Its called Neil Wycik. We stayed there last year for the summer too. Its great. Has good facilities and is cheap for Toronto, its not 5 star or anything like that but we enjoyed it. It has 24 hr reception and security. Nightly rates can be expensive but if u email the hotel and ask for monthly rates, its cheap. We got a double room for 35 a night b&b between 2 of us....17.50 a night in downtown Toronto is goooood

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

there is also college accomodation up spadina avenue and willcock street (University of Toronto New College Residences) I stayed there 5 days recently it was quiet and cheap when we were there shared showers and cooking facilities. you could get a tram to the waterfront also close to bloor street which has good pubs and places to eat.

book it now if you can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

*** Moving from Canada Travel to Living Abroad, where all Canada visa/ living questions go for now ***

Advertisement