Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Build For Photo/Video Editing - €650- €750 - Need Help

Options
  • 11-05-2012 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a rig that can perform pretty well given the budget, but I might push it a bit more If somebody can show me a supreme build if a little extra is required.

I will be using programs like Photoshop CS5 (Soon to be CS6 and so on), Lightroom, Adobe Bridge intensively and occasionally/maybe some video programs. I doubt I will ever use it for gaming, as I want this to be a workstation solely.

Any help or advice would be very welcome.

Anyways, to answer your questions;

1. What is your budget? €650-750, willing to push it more.

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Video/Photo editing intensively, NO GAMING AT ALL.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes. 64 Bit only.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No.

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need. /

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? Currently 1280x1024, will be upgrading in the future for an appropriate photo editing monitor.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Hmm...No. Yes. Maybe.

8. How can you pay? Laser.

9. When are you purchasing? Within the next 3 months hopefully.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? North Dublin.

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

Advertisement