Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

APRIL 1 2015

• 11-05-2012 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭

what position do you plan to be in 2015.have you facilities,cows, money or land in place or plans for same.what are your problems and what do you intend to do about them.what are your targets and how are different to your current position.my own position looks i have the cows building etc but not sure whether i still have the land.would hope to milk 90 cows supplying 120000 gls approx on over 600 kg ration depending on ration cost while current quota is 56000 gls off 68 cows(over 40heifers this year) so basically hoping to double but thats easier said than done.dont think we will have an issue with processing in west cork

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,052 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

milkin 80 cows around 80k gallons sending in on 50k quota. have the land to go to 120, So thats my target at 1200 average. Im changing a haybarn and leantoo into a straw cowhouse to hold 40, and i have 96 cubicles but there tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

this sounds great, will result in good savings for me as I drink a couple of ltrs of milk a day

April the 1st 2015 will be Fool's day :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

April the 1st 2015 will be Fool's day :rolleyes:

anyone at beef with the last 15 years has a fools day everyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Bob you need to bear in mind that 80% of milk - like beef - is exported from this country. If Ireland doubles its output it won't have any effect on Irish milk price as we are not big enough to effect world milk price.

the problem for Irish dairy farmers is if the US, NZ and other larger countries increase their production - as happened this year - leading to falling prices. The world demand is set to continue to grow for the medium to long term so this should keep a good floor on milk prices

Obviously there will be ups and downs but in general milk will do ok

• Advertisement

keep going wrote: »
    anyone at beef with the last 15 years has a fools day everyday

Have to agree entirely, dont want the perception getting out that anyone in the business is making a few bob.

Tipp Man wrote: »
    the problem for Irish dairy farmers is if the US, NZ and other larger countries increase their production - as happened this year - leading to falling prices.

As happens every year 2 - 3% increase in output in the US. I think its only one year in the last 20 that they had negative growth.

I hear the usually miserable few moaning already locally:p

Advertisement