Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance Query

Options
  • 11-05-2012 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey,

I have been getting some quotes online from various companies and occasionally they do not have my car details on their database (its a 954cc Peugeot 106) when this is the case I usually ring them up to see if they can quote me (never has someone refused or been unable to give me a quote)

Today I had the same situation with a company (couldnt find my car on the online system) so I called them up but the company in question said 'ah...we cant find you on our database so we wont be able to offer you insurance'.
    This is a huge disappointment because on their online system I just stuck in a 1124cc Peugoet 106 (cause couldn't find my model) to get an idea as to how much it would cost and they are far cheaper than any other insurer i've contacted/tried.

The lady I was talking to had a real attitude on her and was not very helpful (wondering did I get on a bad day).

Has anyone else had an issue like this with an insurance company? Would it be worth calling back and asking to talk to a supervisor?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

When things like that happen, simply hang up and call again and see if you caught someone on a crap day, or if they genuinely can't: if they can't then maybe ask to speak to a supervisor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 offaly odonohue

Apologies for placing thread in the wrong place.

After a morning of searching I found another company pretty close to that 'great' quote I got....so gonna go with them.

thanks for help

N

Advertisement