Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you're thinking of getting VF4: Evo from the PS Store, Don't!

Options
  • 11-05-2012 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I just thought to mention a heads up. VF4: Evo, while its a great game, is terribly emulated on the PS3. In certain stages, like Wolf's stage, Lau's stage (I think) the game suffers from horrible slowdown and I mean horrible, as in you feel like you're playing 1/2 speed.

Unless my PS3 isn't liking VF4 all that much, although I don't see any reason why as it runs everything else fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Sure VF5:FS is due out this summer anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Thanks, I'd considered getting it for the Training mode (though I'm guessing that stage works still fine?)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

The training mode stage is "ok" for the most part but I realised that if you're close to any of the walls, and basically you're seeing the characters through the wall, slowdown occurs. If you want to play VF4: Evo and you still have your PS2, I would highly recommend getting the neutrik rj45 jack for the kitty/MC Cthulhu and make your own cable and use your arcade stick with that. I'll probably be doing this myself.

Yeah, I can't wait for VF5: FS. I main Akira and from the videos I've seen, he has some awesome new combos! I just wish I saved the cash I spent on VF4: Evo and just put that towards VF5: FS :(

Advertisement