Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A from Overlord's blog

Options
  • 11-05-2012 6:16am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Questions and answers session for World of Tanks. The user questions (italics) were gathered on EU official forums. The answers (bold) are brief and concise to save your time. If something needs clarification, you can ask in comments.

Q: a question.. you will create a factions mode!? example: usa tanks versus German tanks, or Russian versus France etc. thanks
    A: That's called historical battles in our interpretation. However not all the combinations will be possible. Only those that took place in RL.

Q:When will you (Wargaming) realize that the Match-maker is not WORKING AS INTENDED, but that it actually does need some work? Also, when are these long awaited new game modes planned for release? DO NOT SAY "Soon" - you said that ages ago.
    A: 1. The new MM system is currently in the works, it's really a difficult and time-consuming task, thus the new system has to be really working smoothly before we can release it.
    2. Two new game modes are planned for 7.x series.

Q: Have you decided on a general "theme" for British tanks yet? US tanks are mobile and comfortable German tanks have accurate guns/good armour and burn like empty crisp packets Russians Have good armour/Gun power French tanks have autoloader's and high penetration guns British tanks have...?
    A: Difficult to say at this stage, since the we haven't done any kind of tuning yet. My personal expectation is that they will balanced all around, sort of jacks of all trades. However this wouldn't apply to each particular vehicle of course.

Q: Any plans for the future patches to remove the nerf which occured to the French tanks? Tier 8 and up? Mostly the Batchat?
    Q2: Why a tier 9 French med has the same top gun as the Lorraine 40t? Could it get atleast a better aim time or rld time to blance it out coz fo the tier difference? Since I can understand alot of ppl did cry about the Lorraine or AMX being op when having such a gun on that tier, but at the same time it is terribly underperforming against Tier 10 tanks.
    A: 1. Currently there are no such plans, the adjustments that took place in 7.2 were needed indeed. Stat-wise most of the top-tier French tanks are on par with their counterparts.
    2. As a BatChat driver, I'm fine with its current performance. In general tier 9 meds, being closely balanced, enjoy slightly overrated performance. BatChat win ratio according to 7.3 data from RU side is the highest of all tier 9 meds.

Q: Seriously, this is a post from a "guy" that feels threatened in his IS-7, fearing that he will no longer be able to noob around in his easymode tank, bouncing off every shell the E-100 have to offer. But ok, i bite the troll. IS-7 have more penetration, better frontal armor with virtually no weakspots, vehicle is smaller, more agile and faster than E-100. So besides having a tiny bit more HP, and ability to ram other tanks, what does the E-100 really have to offer, that justifies a player buying it over the IS-7? To my question: When are E-100 going to be buffed, and what changes are being considered?
    A: As of early 7.3 data, E-100 performs (48.2% win ratio, 458 exp) in line with 50B and IS-7, being slightly worse than IS-4 (48.3% and 465 exp respectively) and T-110 which is in the lead. With this gap of E-100 not being dramatic, presently we are not considering any changes to it.

Q: Do you acknowledge that team balance and matchmaking are terribly broken and will take steps to fix it sooner rather than later? Or as far as you're concerned all is good on this front and won't do anything? By "terribly broken" I mean that I can actually guess the winner team as soon as I see the setup in most matches.
    A: No, I don't.

Q: Can there in future be some kind of achievment added for the most usefull tank in a LOST game? Damage dealt and/or base capture/defense wise.
    A: After a brief thinking, I do like it. Really. Will consider it for WoWP at least. :)

Q: Does the new MM takse into account the winratio of a player whem making teams?
    A: No, it doesn't.

Q: Heard that the Type 59 is once again available, on the Russian cluster. Any comments on that (or was it just a rumor)? Will it be added back on the European one as well?
    A: This tank is not going to be returned to the in-game Stores in the foreseeable future. It can only be available during various special offers.

Q: Are we getting clan logos in this patch?
    A: Yes, they are enabled. Finally.

Q: Why are the developers so keen on implementing the tanks historical weaknesses, but not their historical strenghts? And dont say its balance issues becouse the balancing in this game could be done ten times better tbh.
    A: Of course it can be. On top of that, the balance is probably one of the very few things, everyone has its own special/unique attitude to, thinking thatonlytheir opinion is right, while everything else, including impersonal data, makes no sense. However I do admit that the overall balance is improving in the long run. With each influx of new vehicles (and we add them every update) we sort of undermining the current status quo or shaking it at least which requires some time to settle things down. And the ongoing revision of the tech trees only complicates the process.

Q. Does this mean that the Japanese tech tree will be delayed and not here this year as estimated?
    A: I would say that the chance of arrival of Japanese tanks this year is rather low. However, there will be other delicious tanks. Probably, for some players, they will appear even more delicious than the whole Japanese tree.

Q: is the maus/e100 equal to the other T10 tanks of the other nations now? in my oppinion its not, we dont have anny benefits with the slow big tanks now, with all the hi penetrations guns that have come in the latest paches. is there going to be some increace in the performance of the german T10s ? and do you know when the second gun on the maus e100 will be enabeled?
    A: Currently only T110 stands out from tier 10 crowd, the rest are quite close to one another in terms of performance.
    So I guess a minor nerf for MT110 may be in the making.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

The reason T110 is standing out is twofold, IMO.

Firstly, they're still new, and people are still learning to kill them.
    Secondly, they're being driven by people who climbed up the greasy pole which was the US heavy tree, arguably one of the toughest out there at the time. (If you got T30 before it became a TD you know what I'm on about). They learned a lot and know how to make best use of their tanks: They needed to to compete. Now that they're being given equipment on a par, they're doing very well indeed and making the tank seem better than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Moran , having got t10 in all countries , i can honestly say the t32/34 was by far the best t-8/9 tanks , american was always overpowered imo

You did the T34 grind with the 105 and enjoyed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Moran's right about the tech route shaping a player. A know a few lads who worked their way through Russian tanks first and keep getting slaughtered in German tanks and complaining how weak they are. Where as I have no trouble at all in them. I've done more damage in my E-75 than their IS-4's any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

always found the is4 weaker than the e75 pre 7.3!!

i would bounce maybe 2 or 3 shots off him in a 1v1, no matter what bloody party i hit (i had weak point skins) whereas he would maybe bounce a max of 1 off me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

E-75 Probably isn't the best example, because it's a beast. But for the Tiger and King Tiger they were struggling, because German heavies, well their strongest trait isn't being overly heavy...apart from weight.

played kt and tiger in beta, thought they were deffo sub par to the russian equivalent, but they were great snipers when you played them right.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

You did the T34 grind with the 105 and enjoyed it?
    I'm grinding US heavies just now, and compared to the German grind to the E75/E100, the T29 and T32 is MUCH more enjoyable. Got the T32 yesterday and i have my Ace Tanker badge already

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

dublinscot wrote: »
    I'm grinding US heavies just now, and compared to the German grind to the E75/E100, the T29 and T32 is MUCH more enjoyable. Got the T32 yesterday and i have my Ace Tanker badge already
    Funny I found the T29 to be poor, the T32 is so so and of all tanks I've grinded the German heavies were by far my favourites (esp. the VK4502P and the Tiger A).

dublinscot wrote: »

T29 is quite possbly the best of all the American tanks. (E8 and T20 are pretty reasonable too), and I very much like my 32 as well. The problem is that one has to adapt to their play style, they're much less forgiving of misuse. A lot of people hadn't figured it out, if you have, so much the better.

The problem with the T34 was that you still had to grind out some 100k XP with a gun that you were using two tiers ago, so you really needed to learn to emphasise strength and minimize weakness. (Once you put the 120 on it, it became a lot more fun. Still had to be very specifically used, but very satisfying on a good game.) People who survived that, which is a significant portion of the T110 playerbase as the M103 grind has only been around for a month, have also learned a good playstyle for T110.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

Nody wrote: »
    Funny I found the T29 to be poor, the T32 is so so and of all tanks I've grinded the German heavies were by far my favourites (esp. the VK4502P and the Tiger A).

I think the T29 has the best win rate of all my tanks. Just get hull down and force them to shoot your 298mm turret... you're invincible! :D

patton is the only route i went on the us tree, have the m2 medium for the lols. but the patton is a class tank.

very costly to run on standard account, even a good win can actually cost me credits. dont play it as much anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Moran's right about the tech route shaping a player. A know a few lads who worked their way through Russian tanks first and keep getting slaughtered in German tanks and complaining how weak they are. Where as I have no trouble at all in them. I've done more damage in my E-75 than their IS-4's any day.

I've done more damage in an IS-4 than any other tank I've driven. IS-4 always was the best Tier 9 heavy by a LONG way. But if you've come from a German tank first, you'll struggle with it, as it was a completely different play style.
    copeyhagen wrote: »
    always found the is4 weaker than the e75 pre 7.3!!

i would bounce maybe 2 or 3 shots off him in a 1v1, no matter what bloody party i hit (i had weak point skins) whereas he would maybe bounce a max of 1 off me.

Stats wise it is weaker (apart from maybe side armour), but I always won a 1 v 1 with an E75. I often find a lot of people driving German heavy's think they're invulnerable for some reason, and tend to drive them in a brute force type of way.

It usually leads to their death.
    E-75 Probably isn't the best example, because it's a beast. But for the Tiger and King Tiger they were struggling, because German heavies, well their strongest trait isn't being overly heavy...apart from weight.

I hated the Tiger, its a horribly under powered Tier 7 - the new KV-3 is what the Tiger should have been.

However, the Tiger II is probably the best Tier 8 heavy IMO. Excellent gun, good armour, and not overly slow. If I'm honest, I think I prefer it to the IS-3.

Advertisement