Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to dispose of a mattress

• 11-05-2012 7:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Good morning all,

I hope that you are keeping well.

I was wondering if a fellow board member might be able to advise on the above.

It is a king size mattress which is currently taking up a large portion of my garden shed, with summer coming along it is starting to become a little bit of a nuisance.

1. Would you know of anyone that might be able to dispose of it for me.
    2. Could i dispose of it myself as i have access to a van.
    3. And perhaps most importantly. How much would it cost.

Appreciate your help.
    Kind Regards,
    Limerickcity.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Bring it to the Waste centre on the Dock Road opposite the Cement Factory on the Mungret road and pay about €20 per load to dump it. Bring as much other stuff as well to get value for your money.

All electrical stuff is free to dispose of.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Bring it to the Waste centre on the Dock Road opposite the Cement Factory on the Mungret road and pay about €20 per load to dump it. Bring as much other stuff as well to get value for your money.

All electrical stuff is free to dispose of.

Examples of materials which cannot be accepted at the Limerick Recycling Centres:

•Clothing or Textiles that are soiled or in bad condition
    •Commercial Builders Waste
    •Carpet
    •Clingfilm (accepted in Mungret only)
    •Fibre Glass Items
    •Household Furniture (sofa's, chairs etc.)
    •Mattresses
    •Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF)
    •Plaster Board (not accepted for landfill)
    •Treated Timber e.g. creosote and painted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Maybe give one of the small private waste disposal guys a ring, Christy Guerin or the likes. I used him before to get rid of a load of rubbish out of an appartment after the tennants moved out, had no trouble with him!!

Other option would be to head out to Gortnadruma Landfill with it if you have access to a van, they'll definetly take it out there, not sure of the pricing though!

alan1990 wrote: »
    Maybe give one of the small private waste disposal guys a ring, Christy Guerin or the likes. I used him before to get rid of a load of rubbish out of an appartment after the tennants moved out, had no trouble with him!!

Other option would be to head out to Gortnadruma Landfill with it if you have access to a van, they'll definetly take it out there, not sure of the pricing though!

Thanks Alan,

I just rang up a guy from the yellow pages.

Duggan's waste disposal.

They will collect it this afternoon and take it away for €20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Ring the place in Mungret - the web says they don't take em but I'm sure there's a skip down the end with mattresses and other bits in it.

5yoyo versus 20 like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Examples of materials which cannot be accepted at the Limerick Recycling Centres:

•Carpet
    •Fibre Glass Items
    •Mattresses

No wonder so many of them end up on the side of the road so. :rolleyes: Seems a bit of a stupid thing not to accept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

•Carpet
    •Fibre Glass Items
    •Mattresses

I thought they brought in a skip where you can bring and pay for items that are not fit for recycling. I'm fairly sure a workmate has used it for carpet pieces and a mattress.

Thanks for the information lads.

I called up Mungret and they do indeed take mattress but they are weighed so looking at €15 to €20.

Might aswell just get the lads to take it away and save me the hassle of bringing it out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

I know your sorted now but green star recycling on the left at the mungret end of the dock road would take these also. Got rid of a lot of stuff there recently that i couldn't bring to mungret. Its a pay by weight system as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spiochu1

Mattress €10 each in Mungret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 anneke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

^^ it's Dublin only

Advertisement