Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blanchardstown 5K run

Options
  • 11-05-2012 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

If you reckon you can do a quick 5k run, I highly recommend this. Sponsored substantially by the Symantec corporation, an extremely large and long standing employer in D15, the new annual Blanchardstown 5K run (to be increased in distance next year) takes place next month. There are some fairly substantial cash prizes on offer.

However, this is open to all runners and this is the start of what should be a very good annual event in the Dublin 15 area. It supports a fantastic cause. Feroige.

Register with Run Ireland at http://www.runireland.com/events/blanch-5k

546208_3829406304460_1556935256_33174732_1053576336_n.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Your link doesn't actually link to the event page, just the Run Ireland homepage which is quite a big site so maybe a direct link is better.
    http://www.runireland.com/events/blanch-5k

What's the route, just around the business park ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Daft that you'd not put all the information up.
    Online registration is available through Run Ireland. The cost of registration for the 5k is €18 for early entries before Friday 18th May, and €20 for all entries after that date. On-line entries closes on Friday 8th June at 6pm. Registration will be accepted on the morning of the run between 8.30 am and 9.30 am at Symantec. Collection of race numbers and chips will take place on Friday 8th June from 3pm-8pm and Saturday 9th June from 10am-1pm from Corduff Sports Centre, Blackcourt Road, Dublin 15.

Key Features;

Cash prizes for top runners
    T-shirts and Goody bags will be provided to all participants.
    Toilets available onsite.
    Post race refreshments and entertainment will be provided at Symantec
    Water station will be located at start & finish point.
    Parking will be clearly signposted and stewarded on the day of the event.
    Order of Malta present on the day.

The Blanch 5k is being organised in aid of Foroige in Blanchardstown with assistance from Metro St. Brigid’s AC and in association with Symantec.

For further information please contact Bernie Moloney 086 7712847, Conor Devlin 086 6054126 or Claire Barkey 086 8507320.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Sharrow wrote: »
    Daft that you'd not put all the information up.

Daft?

I was simply highlighting the run, I'm not organising it. I spotted it and felt it should be posted here and for interested people to go and get details for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Any link to the route?

fletch wrote: »
    Any link to the route?

I'm not sure of the exact route, but if i get it I'll certainly post it.

• Advertisement

34i3dao.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I think a link from the OP was sufficient and not daft at all; anyone who is interested can follow the link to find the rest of the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Going to hopefully take part in this, cheers for heads up OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Anyone spot a map for this yet.

Going to do it would love to run the route to practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

would love to have done this as its somthing Id like to try get back into. I think 5K is enough for me any longer and I would be a dead man :)
    Unfortunally im away for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlton36

Foroige 5K RR.pdf

The route was originally planned to start and finish at Symantec however the course was found to be 539 m over 5K so the finish is now at the cycle path exiting the Rosemount estate.

Post race refreshments will be in Symantec

** UPDATE Friday 8 June **
    See final route map in new post below

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Run for fun

On map the start is outside Symantec and the 5k finish is just as you leave Rosemount Business Park. This is a fast course and will suit runners looking for a fast time.

Many thanks for that.

Seriously works out at 5.53Km?

Or am i missing something.

Ahh, Thanks Run_for_fun

Seriously works out at 5.53Km?

Or am i missing something.
    No it's says on the pdf "Lap was found to be 539m over 5Km"

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Run for fun

its a 5k, the finish will be as you leave rosemount business park

Note to ChuckNorris:

Can you please move this thread to the Athletics Forum?

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

carlton36 wrote: »
    Note to ChuckNorris:

Can you please move this thread to the Athletics Forum?

Thanks

Why?

Gaspode wrote: »
    Why?

Because it relates to a 5K run and would be of more interest to the readers of that Forum.

Thanks

Plenty of runners in Dublin 15.

Gaspode wrote: »
    Why?
    I presume as it might attract more athletes to the race...wider/relevant audience etc...

• Advertisement

No need to move it, if you want just start a new thread in that forum and link back to this thread.

final map attached

Had a great time at the run today. Good organisation, nice course and weather was great for us.

The slap up feed after the run was a great surprise. Great way to start off the weekend.

Congrats to the organisers for a great event.

Shane

The inaugural Blanch 5K run was held in Ballycoolin and Rosemount Business Parks this morning. Organised by Foroige and Symantec, over 220 runners, joggers and walkers, that included Minister for Transport, Tourism & Sport Leo Varadkar took part on a beautiful sunny morning. Congratulations to Gary O’Hanlon who won in a time of 15’ 41”. A well organised event held on closed roads, with some great post race refreshments and entertainment on Symantec’s premises. Well done to all involved, thanks to all the volunteers, stewards and the gardai for a job well done. Put this on your race calendar for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pad-cam

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dcunnion

Thanks for the results. Was looking for them on the web this evening. Really enjoyed the race, well organised, lots of volunteers and grub and DJ afterwards, will definitely be signing up again next year. Clocked it over a 100m long still but no complaints, well done to all.

Enjoyable race. Nice flat course. Great weather. Didn't stick around for the food but looks like I missed out! If its organised again next year, will be returning as its local.

Any pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

very well organised race with the best spread I have ever seen after a race.Course was a little long,reckon they measured it from the inside cones.

guy taking pics said it would be up on Symantec web page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Advertisement