Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanking a post sends me to top of page

Options
  • 11-05-2012 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

As in the description, any post I thank will immediately apply the thanks & then send my browsing window to the top of whatever page I'm viewing. I've restarted the pc, & still the same.

Win7 x64
    FF 12.0

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

EnterNow wrote: »
    As in the description, any post I thank will immediately apply the thanks & then send my browsing window to the top of whatever page I'm viewing. I've restarted the pc, & still the same.

Win7 x64
    FF 12.0

Any ideas?

Hey EnterNow,

Can you try a different browser? Google Chrome, IE9, whatever :)

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Daniel my man!

K tried IE 8.0 there & it's acting normally. Well, as normal as IE tends to get [shudder]. Seems specific to FF...

Daniel my man!

K tried IE 8.0 there & it's acting normally. Well, as normal as IE tends to get [shudder]. Seems specific to FF...

Right, I'll see if I can get to this in the afternoon. Firefox is getting poorer with each quick iteration if you asked me, some crazy stuff happening in it for us too :)

Cheers for the bug report ;)

Danny

Right, I'll see if I can get to this in the afternoon. Firefox is getting poorer with each quick iteration if you asked me, some crazy stuff happening in it for us too :)

Cheers for the bug report ;)

Danny

There's no panic, it's only a mild annoyance I'm sure there's a million other things ahead of it so no panic.

Cheers Danny :)

Testing this on a similar setup (Win 7 x64 and FF12) and I've not got that issue at all. Any chance you might try a new profile?

Hit the Windows Key + R to bring up a Run dialog box. Type:
    firefox -p

Click Create profile, click Next, call it 'test' (without quotes) and click finish. Highlight the newly created profile and click Start Firefox.

All extensions, bookmarks, history etc will all be blank. When you're done testing, close firefox, run the firefox -p command again and select the old profile (probably called default).

• Advertisement

Testing this on a similar setup (Win 7 x64 and FF12) and I've not got that issue at all. Any chance you might try a new profile?

Hit the Windows Key + R to bring up a Run dialog box. Type:
    firefox -p

Click Create profile, click Next, call it 'test' (without quotes) and click finish. Highlight the newly created profile and click Start Firefox.

All extensions, bookmarks, history etc will all be blank. When you're done testing, close firefox, run the firefox -p command again and select the old profile (probably called default).

Only back on my own pc now, running "firefox -p" only opens a new browsing session...there's no profile options anywhere that I can see Danny? :confused: I had a look around the options etc, but can't find any mention of it...

Ok here's an example which may or may not shed light on it Danny. In the thread here, I was reading away & came across o1s1n's post as post number 2. The thread url was:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056638387

I thanked o1s1n's post, & the browser seemed to want to do something with the page, & after thanking, the url became

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78648601#

I've no idea what that means, but the thanks action is changing the url of the page & adding a # at the end.

Probably normal, I've no knowledge of HTML, just said I'd mention the behaviour :)

And just as suddenly as the bug appeared, it's now gone :) I didn't do anything to fix it, weird.

Thanks anyway Danny :cool:

And just as suddenly as the bug appeared, it's now gone :) I didn't do anything to fix it, weird.

Thanks anyway Danny :cool:

Yeah, it sounds like a javascript issue with your Firefox to be honest. It shouldn't be appending a # to the URL, putting that on any page on Boards will jump you to the top of the page :)

Cheers for the update, I'll mark this as resolved. If it happens again, you can create a new thread ;)

Danny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement