Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi Vitamins

• 11-05-2012 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

I've discovered these recently. They are much cheaper than holland and Barrett and Boots and all the packaging says they have your daily allowance. Are they really the same or are the cheaper ones missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Compare this to the back of your Aldi bottle http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=112&prodid=59&cid=39&sid=0

Some don't have iron, some have varying amounts of vitamins and minerals so this "all your daily needs" thing is bs because your daily needs are quite specific depending on what you're getting or not getting from your food which you can check on cronometer.

Also it can do damage to yourself by getting too much of one vitamin and a lot of whats in these pills are not absorbed by the body anyway so I don't take them as I'd be overdosing on one thing and still deficient in another.

Personally I don't feel like theres much of a difference in the multivitamins on a whole just like the way that the brand name Panadol here is many times the price of the generic kind and their basically the same if not varying in their formulas.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Aera

I bought those one and cod oil as well in Aldi, because my doctor sugested me, he said: they are cheap and they are same, most of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

havent got them in front of me now but think I compared the info on Berocca to the equivalent fizzy tabs in Aldi once and the Aldi ones had maybe a tenth of some of the things in the berocca ones.
    no idea myself though about RDAs and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

dont be ragging on aldi! As far as I know they have like 20,000 stores across europe! theyre cheap becuase they bulk buy. Just cos theyre new in ireland doesnt mean theyre second rate.

Ive been using Tesco vitamins. 37c for 60 vitamin C!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

dont be ragging on aldi! As far as I know they have like 20,000 stores across europe! theyre cheap becuase they bulk buy. Just cos theyre new in ireland doesnt mean theyre second rate.

Hardly new. They've been here 13 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

13 years is still new to some people!

I still call Tesco Quinnsworth half the time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

13 years is still new to some people!

I still call Tesco Quinnsworth half the time!!

That just means you're old :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

yeah but what's in them? ...have you compared the nutritional info to an established brand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Donelson

I find mineral deficiency to be much more of a problem, so have a look if there's mineral in there too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

Snap! Same here and Im still alive :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement