Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good case?

Options
  • 11-05-2012 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi. I am planning on building a gaming PC sometime over the summer probably but somebody I kinda know is selling a PC case now and I was just wondering is it any good / a good deal. He is selling it for €50 unused. I will admit that I don't know much about the hardware side of computers. When I will be building the PC I will have a budget of somewhere between €800 and €1,000. The details are:

Vantage PC Case 4 LED Fans & Card Reader
    Never used, still in packaging Vantage Type-R Gaming PC Computer Tower Case Black 4 Red LED Fans Card Reader.

Comes with Card Reader supporting SD/MMC/MS, HD Audio & 2 x USB 2.0.

The I/O Ports are located on the front of the top panel for easy access.

The cooling system is developed for cooling throughout.

4 x Built-in 12cm Fans (3 x Red LED) will keep your components cool.

Water Cooling Ready.

Form Factor : Midi Tower

Motherboard Support : ATX

PSU Support : Standard ATX

Gaming Case : Yes

Water Cooling Ready : Yes

Dimensions (mm) : 185mm x 410mm x 460mm (W x H x D)

Side Panel : Window / Vented

External Bays : 4 x 5.25” External 1 x 3.5” External

Internal Bays : 4 x 3.5” Internal Drive Bay

Expansion Slots : 7

Cooling Front : 1 x 12cm Red LED Fan

Cooling Rear : 1 x 12cm Fan

Cooling Side : 2 x 12cm Fans

IO Ports : 2 x USB 2.0 1 x HD/AC'97 Audio 1 x Microphone

Cabinet Features : Card Reader Supporting SD/MMC/MS Includes 2 x Fan Controllers

So any advice would be appreciated.
    A picture of it is:

cscitvantyper.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Looks cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭The Bobster

OK. Just wondering what makes this case better. As I said I don't know much about building PCs so I want to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

look for things like bottom mounted PSU, cable management holes, mobo cut out holes, removable dust filters, sideways mounted HDD bays etc.

anything other than that really is subjective to taste. look up reviews and unboxings on YouTube, you'll quickly get an idea if you like it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sosmyface

Why would a bottom mounted psu be preferable over a top mounted one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Small world, turns out the guy selling that works in my office, cause he just sent the link asking was I interested haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

sosmyface wrote: »
    Why would a bottom mounted psu be preferable over a top mounted one?

Better cable routing options for cable management, better cooling for PSU as can take cool air in from outside underneath the case and not suck up hot air from GPU and CPU heatsink. Also better airflow throughout the whole case from low on the front to high in the rear and finally cause it looks better! :p

OK. Just wondering what makes this case better. As I said I don't know much about building PCs so I want to learn.

A well built case will have good airflow and make it easier for cable management and have a CPU hole at the back. A bottom PSU is better because you don't want heat running through it and it's easier when it come to sorting out your cables. A cheap case will also tend to be noisy. That case is made by CiT. Their stuff tends to be cheap shCiT. The case I linked is a good case at that price .It's has had very good reviews. Comes in white too.:D

does anyone put their psu upside down so instead of intaking air from outside the case it pulls air from the case? I heard the guy on the ocuk 3d youtube channel saying he normally does that.

Is an exhaust fan important if you got good intake from the front, surely all the air in the case will be forced out by the new air coming in? Im just thinking of my new pc here - i didnt think i'd need an exhaust:rolleyes:

does anyone put their psu upside down so instead of intaking air from outside the case it pulls air from the case? I heard the guy on the ocuk 3d youtube channel saying he normally does that.

Is an exhaust fan important if you got good intake from the front, surely all the air in the case will be forced out by the new air coming in? Im just thinking of my new pc here - i didnt think i'd need an exhaust:rolleyes:

There are many schools on case air flow. In my case I went for a positive-pressure system, meaning more air coming in. Heat naturally rises so to remove heat it is best to draw air in from the cases lowest points and exhaust it from the cases highest points. I have the fan on the PSU facing down so cool air comes from outside. I then have three intake fans 2 at the front one at the bottom. Then two exhaust one back top and one at the top of the case. I went with a positive-pressure system because it helps keep the dust out.

• Advertisement

Thanks uncle sam that is very interesting. I read an interesting article about it and it seems to be the way to go. I would personally be worried about extra noise though with all them fans. It if kept the dust out it would be nearly worth it for that alone:D

Thanks uncle sam that is very interesting. I read an interesting article about it and it seems to be the way to go. I would personally be worried about extra noise though with all them fans. It if kept the dust out it would be nearly worth it for that alone:D

Yeah, that's why I spent a bit more and went with a quiet case and quiet fans. http://www.quietpc.com/products/120mmfans was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭The Bobster

Thanks for the help

Advertisement