Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SENDBLASTER email marketing programme

Options
  • 11-05-2012 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone any experience of using SendBlaster email marketing software. I hate the idea of a monthly charge and the other limitations imposed by the big name products.

http://www.sendblaster.com/

This seems cracking value for under 100 quid..

Cheers

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It's not really ..

Basically the problem is that any desktop software is going to rely on whatever SMTP server you have access to.

That means that you'll either:
    - inherit the reputation of the SMTP server
    - get a bad reputation on the server

Unless you have fixed IPs with reverse DNS, feedback loops etc., you will have issues with getting your emails delivered

Also you'll have to manage all the subscribe / unsubscribe requests manually which will not scale

You'd be better off using a hosted solution and actually have a few emails delivered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Thank Blacknight

We had been using another package from a web design/service company but we moved to a new web designer and now need a new solution. We generate our own circulation lists from our CRM/ERP systems, existing/past customers plus ezine sign-ups, and have to update update unsubscibe records etc to keep our own databses up to date.

We do have Fixed IP address. For subscipption based service, ConstantContact has been the service most recommended to me. Any thoughts on that?

Cheers

Peter

Constant Contact, MailChimp etc., are all very good

Using your own system = very bad (believe me)

I run a hosting company and have full access to all the elements above and we outsource our mass mailing because it's a nightmare to manage when you start scaling up

I will take your advice, thank you. The reason I posted the query in the first place was that I had some lingering doubts about doing it in-house. Nothing very specific, just from general stuff I had read on the topic.

Thanks again for your input.

No problem

• Advertisement

Signed up for Constant Contact today @ USD$75 per month. Looks pretty nice and easy to use. Our "ezine" girl is drafting up our first mailing using this to about 6500 existing contacts.

Really glad I posted here, got some great advice.

Cheers

Peter

Advertisement