Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops that buy 2nd hand clothes?

Options
  • 11-05-2012 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Are there any left in Dundalk?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I asked about here and nobody knows of any. Everybody here justs gives the old clothes to local charities.

There was a shop in Francis Street dealt in used Ladies Clothing - they might still be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

The Simon Community gratefully receive donations of unwanted clothing :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

A small place at the Burma garage on the Dublin Road, Dundalk pays 80c a kilo.

It's all packaged and sold at markets in latvia or something though - charities are losing out big time with these kind of places so rather than scrounge a few euro so someone else can make a killing consider donating the clothes to an actual charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mickey mac

On a bit of an economy drive at the moment, I've got 5 bin bags in the car, if I can't find a place to sell them by this evening, I'll go down the charity shop route.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

If the clothes are authentically vintage and from a particular era in history you could always take them down to a vintage shop in Dublin or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

A small place at the Burma garage on the Dublin Road, Dundalk pays 80c a kilo.

It's all packaged and sold at markets in latvia or something though

Certainly being sold in secondhand stores in Lithuania. Lots of Irish and UK branded secondhand clothes being sold there.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭callmekenneth

i think there's a place across from the isle de france on clanbrassil st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Better off giving to the Simon or SVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Dunny! wrote: »
    Better off giving to the Simon or SVP.

That's been covered earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Thanks for the in-running commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Theres a place used clothing company beside xtra vision I think the sign said 6 euro per black bag but the other place beside I Fix Tyres seems to be offering 8 euro a bag.

Advertisement