Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does your partner know your username?

• 11-05-2012 10:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭

Or would you want him/her to?

Does it kind of defeat the whole point of Boards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

partner in crime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Yes!

I found this out after he did a post search and found a post of me saying I love country men over Dublin men...... he's from Dublin :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Yup, my posts make her eMoist.

-Funk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

What partner? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Good god no! If they did they'd know I used to dress up in my sister's tennis skirts! Don't know how I would go about trying to explain that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Misticles wrote: »
    Yes!

I found this out after he did a post search and found a post of me saying I love shagging country men over Dublin men...... he's from Dublin :/

what did he say to that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Dr.Strange

Misticles wrote: »
    Yes!

I found this out after he did a post search and found a post of me saying I love country men over Dublin men...... he's from Dublin :/

Whoops!

Now that he knows, would you not feel you have to be careful about posting and may not be able to express yourself as you would beforehand?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I hope she does...

funk-you wrote: »
    Yup, my posts make her eMoist.

-Funk

Ahh, she must be a Dell380 so, I'd be careful about getting her too excited.

kfallon wrote: »
    What partner? :confused:

Ok, I should have included the sigle people too, if you had one would you want him to know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Barely anybody knows who I am! Sure for all people know I could be Dave McSavage!

*im not

*no really I'm not

xXxXxDMcS4EvaXxXx

Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Ok, I should have included the sigle people too, if you had one would you want him to know?

Him??? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

antodeco wrote: »
    Barely anybody knows who I am! Sure for all people know I could be Dave McSavage!

*im not

Obvious that you are not Mr McSavage as you seem to have wit, humour and are probably hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I thought the first rule of boards.ie is, you don't talk about boards.ie?

Maybe i'm thinkin of something else:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

She doesn't even know my real name.

kfallon wrote: »
    Him??? :eek:

:pac:

It seems a bit odd that a couple would know each others usernames and be online at the same time posting though.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Ahh, she must be a Dell380 so, I'd be careful about getting her too excited.

IBM 3584.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

It seems a bit odd that a couple would know each others usernames and be online at the same time posting though.

Happens me and mine daily.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Not if:
    A) they became acquinted through boards
    2) are in B seperate locations at the time of posting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

What's with all these fecking partner threads that keep popping up?

Is it a pre-requisite to have a partner to post on After Hours these days? :mad:

In my humble single opinion, it would be a dangerous game to play. It would be like delving into someone's diary, you'll only find out stuff you don't want to know.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Yep, other half knows my username.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Or would you want him/her to?

Does it kind of defeat the whole point of Boards?
    The second question makes me wonder what you think the whole point of Boards is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Yep, mine does and I know his. We don't really frequent the same forums though, so it's cool.

And if someone offends/insults you, how does your partner take it?

Not if:
    A) they became acquinted through boards
    2) are in B seperate locations at the time of posting

Fair point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Yes. She's great.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    The second question makes me wonder what you think the whole point of Boards is.

I had thought that it was the anomimity of it that was the point to a certain extent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I thought the whole point of a boards alter ego was to be all those things you have to hide to maintain healthy relationships in the real world..:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I had thought that it was the anomimity of it that was the point to a certain extent?
    Not really. Indeed, some people use their real names as their usernames, or at least a one that leaves them somewhat identifiable to people that know them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I thought the first rule of boards.ie is, you don't talk about boards.ie?

Maybe i'm thinkin of something else:confused:

What you are referring it to could only be one thing.

The Stonecutters Club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I'd probably laugh, to be honest, if it happened my man. :P If he's being bullied on the interwebz, he's well able to fight his own battles, as am I!

Me and my guy seem to read/post in the same threads (like this one!) all the time. It's not on purpose, we don't stalk each other, it just happens that way. It's no big deal ... sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I don't. No different than if we were both in conversation with a group of people in the pub or whatever.

He doesn't post in response,he just stalks them till he finds out where they live,calls round and beat the **** out of them.

He doesn't post in response,he just stalks them till he finds out where they live,calls round and beat the **** out of them.

Or if he's a mod he could always ban them.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Not really. Indeed, some people use their real names as their usernames, or at least a one that leaves them somewhat identifiable to people that know them.

When you say some, you really mean a tiny minority though.

• Advertisement

Or if he's a mod he could always ban them.

He's been banned a few too many times to be a mod.but yeah that'd be good

Good for you, but not a good reflection of a mod.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Hah - my account is so private I don't even know who I am....

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    Hah - my account is so private I don't even know who I am....

You can be whoever you want to be if that's the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Himself was looking over my shoulder & asked "so are you Mink?". Can't lie now can I. So he knows.

I don't post anything he doesn't already know but yeah I don't completely like that he has access to all the posts I've ever written, I'm sure a lot of them are very embarrassing & he could rip the piss out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Now that he knows, would you not feel you have to be careful about posting and may not be able to express yourself as you would beforehand?

I'd be inclined to think that you should be able to talk to your partner about stuff anyway, so there should be no need to hide anything from them in the first place. Unless theres something specific you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Yes, Pamela Handerson knows my boards username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Knowing people in real life from boards?!?!?!?

I remember boards was all about people in their underwear making empty threats that they'd never act upon in real life.

Good times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

Yes, and I know his.. I know all his secrets now from stalking his account... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Natasha_95 wrote: »
    Yes, and I know his.. I know all his secrets now from stalking his account... :cool:

And now he knows hes seeing a stalker :pac:

Abi wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to think that you should be able to talk to your partner about stuff anyway, so there should be no need to hide anything from them in the first place. Unless theres something specific you mean?

Gets a bit awkward tho when he replies in the "Where to find the best hookers in Prague?" thread with some recommendations.....

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

Hmmm... ah I'd probably tell them if I was drunk. If I posted something about them it would probably be something I would have said to their face already... when I was drunk. Dang, I've no secrets.

Abi wrote: »

Of course you are right, you should be able to talk to your partner about stuff.

I don't have anything specific in mind, just that maybe your identity should be private and kept that way.

OK, I'm sounding a bit weird myself now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Sounds like you got yourself a real badboy there Stupidusername

Sounds like you got yourself a real badboy there Stupidusername

Nah, not so much. it's easy to get banned on here without being a bad ass.

• Advertisement
Advertisement