Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apache vs Moyross

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The people crying out about discrimination etc are a joke.

Apache staff have been physically assaulted and robbed whilst trying to to their job, and their vehicles have been damaged in the process as well.

Those whinging on the radio etc about discrimination would be better served helping the gardai root out the scum causing the hassle than feigning outrage at a company that is unwilling to put it's staff in any more danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Do they think that companies such as Apache want to cut areas out for no reason.

I wish people would open their eyes regarding the state of the estates they live in. Trotting out that hoary old "99% of of people living here are the salt of the earth" argument on radio rings hollow if they can't seem to control, or at least tell the Gardai about the troublesome 1%.

And much as I loathe to listen to that local radio station here, (I caught a bit of the poormans' Joe Duffy on 95fm's morning slot talking about this lately :rolleyes:). All he seemed to be bothered about was making sure he sided with the locals who "had, because of discrimination"!!! to travel down as far as Watch-House Cross for their pizza. Rather than bother asking the pertinent question as to why a commercial company cannot send it's employees into some estates because they fear for their lives and health....and to a lesser extent, cash and property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

europa11 wrote: »
    Do they think that companies such as Apache want to cut areas out for no reason.

I wish people would open their eyes regarding the state of the estates they live in. Trotting out that hoary old "99% of of people living here are the salt of the earth" argument on radio rings hollow if they can't seem to control, or at least tell the Gardai about the troublesome 1%.

And much as I loathe to listen to that local radio station here, (I caught a bit of the poormans' Joe Duffy on 95fm's morning slot talking about this lately :rolleyes:). All he seemed to be bothered about was making sure he sided with the locals who "had, because of discrimination"!!! to travel down as far as Watch-House Cross for their pizza. Rather than bother asking the pertinent question as to why a commercial company cannot send it's employees into some estates because they fear for their lives and health....and to a lesser extent, cash and property.

Jeez, as far as Watchhouse Cross? Could we get the UN on to this crisis?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I remember some years back seeing fire services stoned and attacked for wanting to put out a house that was set on fire..its disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

I used to live out beyond Moyross, it's hell. These people got free houses, ruined them - now they're getting more. They mostly don't work, their parents didn't, their grandparents either. We lived in a cottage a mile beyond Moyross, burgled several times, smashed windows, car broken into. The most of them are low-lifes. From personal experience.

• Advertisement

I hear ya, i think the problem is they get social housing too easy,and when they cause trouble there moved around to different estates instead of being chucked off the social housing list,which is what should happen if they start causing hell in neighbourhoods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

noddyone2 wrote: »
    I used to live out beyond Moyross, it's hell. These people got free houses, ruined them - now they're getting more. They mostly don't work, their parents didn't, their grandparents either. We lived in a cottage a mile beyond Moyross, burgled several times, smashed windows, car broken into. The most of them are low-lifes. From personal experience.

Whole heartidly agree.. they brought it down on themselves. Ya sure its the actions of a few, but always the actions of a few ruin it for others.

I grew up in Moyross, moved out when I was ten as my parents built a house. Driving by it now the place is a dump. The little pride there is from people is undone very quickly by a minority.

Even the regeneration has stalled there. The best thing they did was flatten the houses as each one was burnt down. Should flatten the whole place and start again. I am proud of where I started and would have no problem saying where i am from if i am asked, however the place i grew up in only exists in memory now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Jeez, as far as Watchhouse Cross? Could we get the UN on to this crisis?
    Ah here, pizza is a universal human right, they're ENTITLED don't you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jakelamotta

Is this the charity soccer match in Shelbourne Pk?

Jamie Daly should definitely get behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

langdang wrote: »
    Ah here, pizza is a universal human right, they're ENTITLED don't you know?

Ya we shud b able 2 gt it on d medical crd!!!! hw we sposed 2 aford it frm d dole lik? lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:D

- Jacinta, Moyross

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is that charity match not on in Moyross no?Or are they involing other areas now

As i have said before Moyross is not disadvantaged

The people there need to fight the bad eggs

(if anyone was listening to the joe duffy show today)heard some stupid caller on the joe duffy show sayin there hadnt been any incidents (since the gun point pizza situation,but there had been in feb i think) since,duh thats cos they dont call out to moyross anymore,what a stupid observation...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

I thought it was the Apache helicopter v Moyross - now that would be an interesting match up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

marienbad wrote: »
    I thought it was the Apache helicopter v Moyross - now that would be an interesting match up :)

So did I, I thought the gardai had a new ghetto-copter :)

Me haz a sad now :(

Advertisement