Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long Do You Shower For?/How often?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

youd be surprised how much better cold showers feel than hot showers
    first week or so is pretty painful but once you get used to the idea that hot water wont be coming out of it, there's no shock and it's just blissfull cool water refreshing you and waking you right up

plus with cold showers when you get out of the shower the air temperature is actually warmer than the water so I can walk around the place bollock naked and not even be slightly cold.

Yeah, just ignore the fact that you're not nearly as clean as from a hot shower!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

5 Minutes?
    4 minutes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

30 Minutes Or Over?
    Depends if I'm by myself or not rrraaaawwrrr.
    Lol!! +1 to that! :P
    Although I used to date a guy who was a real environmentist and refused to partake in shower hanky panky because he said it wasted water :(
    He didn't long last after that, so he didn't...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

About 15 Minutes?
    Used to be about 5 minutes max.... Now that I've long hair, it's about 15 minutes. As quickly as I can manage while getting myself properly clean. Not a massive fan of showers, they bore me. Though I have had the 40 minute 'thinking about the meaning of life' showers a few times :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

10-20. Longest ever like 25, might try for an hour long one soon enough,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Dr.Strange wrote: »
    I've cut my shower time down to about 3-5 mins recently, ever since I noticed just how much electricity the shower uses once it on! :eek:

Seriously, look at the little wheel on the meter spinning around like a mad thing once an electric shower is in use, besides 3-5 minutes is enough time unless you are at yourself in there.

This.

I live with other tenants and it's unfair to others if somebody decides to have a shower from 20 minutes plus.

I do have 2 showers a day tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Between 5 And 10 Minutes?
    Doesn't everyone do this?

Shower on, take a p*ss and then hop in when its nice and warm!.

Oh yeah I do that too,when peeing,but he does a poo,so is running the water for 5minutes or more before even getting in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cliffandclare

Between 15 And 20 Minutes?
    15 min in the morning some times longer, if i am freezing at night i will have a second shower to warm up but dont wash at all then just stand there and heat up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

About 10 Minutes?
    Usually between 5 and 10 minutes. Have a rinse, shower gel goes on, rinse off and then hair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

About 10 Minutes?
    Depends on if I'm having a **** or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

About 10 Minutes?
    I'd imagine my lifetime average time for showering is approx 7.136483 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I'm more of a cologne man meself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

5 Minutes?
    bluewolf wrote: »
    anyone stands in there for 20 mins + is beyond me masturbating
    The women probably took even longer before the advent of fancy powershower sprayheads, I've seen some dubious looking ones about, like those suspiciously smooth countoured deodorant cans/bottles, you never see mens ones like that.

Penn Jillette of Penn & Teller even has a patent out for a female spa device, the Jill-Jet.
    http://www.google.com/patents?vid=5920923

Some college campus had to put up signs to stop **** in showers as the lads jizz was clogging the drains.

Oh yeah I do that too,when peeing,but he does a poo,so is running the water for 5minutes or more before even getting in

Ah now I get you, yeah that's a bit much alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

About 15 Minutes?
    BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    but my brother used to spend half an hour in the shower. Even if he's jacking off that's a long time.
    smash wrote: »
    He was probably shaving his balls and ass... now there's a mental image for you.

With your razor.

Now there's a mental image for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

About 2 Minutes?
    A minute if I don't shampoo the hair, close to 2 if I do (I'm male). It's unnecessary to spend more than two minutes in the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

About 10 Minutes?
    < 10 mins. have a seprate hot and cold tap so takes a few mins to get the temp correct.
    add another minute if i have not got the hair cut in awhile and have a big mop on me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

5 Minutes?
    What I started doing lately is a submarine shower.
    Get in, get wet.
    Turn the shower off, scrub myself, wash my hair.
    Turn shower back on and rinse off.
    It's very effective for keeping it short, in and get the job done.
    Apart from saving water, I find i save shower gel and shampoo and it doesn't go down the drain straight away.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I shower twice a day most days, each ranging from 3 to around 8 minutes I guess depending on if I'm conditioning my hair or having a quick shave of the legs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

About 10 Minutes?
    10 minutes tops. I find the whole thing very boring and like to get done as quickly as possible. Except if BF is in there with me... ;) You need a "For How Long Do You Sex Shower?" pole poll. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Sea Filly wrote: »
    10 minutes tops. I find the whole thing very boring and like to get done as quickly as possible. Except if BF is in there with me... ;) You need a "For How Long Do You Sex Shower?" pole poll. :P

Racy filly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Between 15 And 20 Minutes?
    Tried a 3 minute shower in oz with a timer. Started on my hair and barely had it rinsed before the timer went off.

Would normally take me just under 15 but I don't rush unless I'm in a hurry for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

As long as it takes to drink a bottle southern comfort while being overly dramatic about it

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

About 10 Minutes?
    Normally around 10 minutes but if I'm going to be shaving or waxing as well then I'll need another 5 to 10 minutes added on.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

About 10 Minutes?
    Sea Filly wrote: »

Agreed. You need at least 40 minutes minimum for a decent sex shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

5 Minutes?
    Depends, I be told about the motor thing too so try to limit to 5 mins if I can often be 10, 15 or 20 mins that include shower and hair. Though for a quick shower 2-5 mins otherwise up to 10 if I am washing the hair, take an average of 5 mins to wash the hair and 5 mins for shower so could be up to 10 mins at least.

I enjoy the shower too much sometimes but if rushing I be as quick as possible if going somewhere but if tired and early in the day I be slow enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

40 Minutes or Over?
    10-15 minutes in my morning shower and then 30 minutes once I get home from college.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Between 2 And 5 Minutes?
    When my hair is short- 2 minutes, hair long- 4 minutes. I'm usually late to go somewhere in the morning so it's always a mad rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

5 Minutes?
    I never understood why people spend so long in the shower :/

I usually take between 2 and 4 minutes. And my hair is long and I manage to shampoo and condition it in that time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

20 Minutes Or Over?
    Out of curiosity, I shower every second day but don't dare to tell people because I think that most people shower every day but maybe some are too afraid to admit that they don't, like me. So, let's have it, how often do you shower? I wonder when people started showering every day, no one in my immediate family showers every day and when I was a teenager none of my friends did either (now I'm early twenties) so I'm just wondering when it became the norm.

Advertisement