Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long Do You Shower For?/How often?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

seriously wash more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

About 15 Minutes?
    Every 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

At least once a day depending on sporting activities ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Everyday.
    Sometimes twice a day if I get a walk/jog in before work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Twice, maybe 3 times a day depending on what I am doing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

5 Minutes?
    every second day is common enough over europe way

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

every second day is common enough over europe way

or Carlow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

About 10 Minutes?
    I shower about 8 times a day.

I wash, and wash, and wash, but I just can't seem to wash away that feeling of shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Between 5 And 10 Minutes?
    When it's raining and I just so happen to be outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

At least once a day!!!!

A shower takes minutes. There is no excuse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, I shower every second day but don't dare to tell people because I think that most people shower every day but maybe some are too afraid to admit that they don't, like me. So, let's have it, how often do you shower? I wonder when people started showering every day, no one in my immediate family showers every day and when I was a teenager none of my friends did either (now I'm early twenties) so I'm just wondering when it became the norm.

Don't worry there'll be more like you when the water rates come in. It will be like the good old days when people had an annual wash, even if they didn't need it.

I can skip a day, but usually daily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Depends on the Asian girls who wash me

• Registered Users Posts: 51,887 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

About 10 Minutes?
    Only dirty people wash according to an old man who lives down my road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

30 Minutes Or Over?
    Most days, might miss out if I'm having a bed day or might shower more than once if I shower in the morning and feel I need to again if I'm going out later. I might be inclined to miss out more often if I didn't like the shower so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

20 Minutes Or Over?
    Every morning. The odd time I would shower again in the evening, especially if I've just come in from getting soaked in the rain. Nothing warms you up quicker than a hot shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

At least once a day. I can't go to work until I shower, I don't feel right. Sometimes twice If I go for a run in the evening.

Cleanliness is next to godliness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

30 Minutes Or Over?
    Never.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Usually have a **** in the shower every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,440 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

About 10 Minutes?
    I shower every other day as well as i'm not dirty, simples

Why people really shower:

shower.jpg&sa=X&ei=MXKtT_DbOYn68QPCuLDHCg&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNF9Y9MNMO_BsAwHU7gtvEB-Z4VZvg

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

At least once a day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

30 Minutes Or Over?
    I voted over 20 but that's only if I'm in no particular rush and it's a good powerful shower. Can do what needs to be done in terms of cleaning in 2 minutes if needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

About 15 Minutes?
    Skerries wrote: »
    I shower every other day as well as i'm not dirty, simples

Why people really shower:

shower.jpg&sa=X&ei=MXKtT_DbOYn68QPCuLDHCg&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNF9Y9MNMO_BsAwHU7gtvEB-Z4VZvg
    I'm bald as a coot!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

About 10 Minutes?
    I used to shower every second or even third day as I had an electric shower and I'd piss more water than it, I now shower every morning and sometimes in the evening depending on activity during the day as I recently installed a pumped pressure shower off the mains and it is a mighty job, almost like going under a power washer, the ESB meter has dropped immensely also as the hot water comes from the boiler now instead of going cold whilst the water from the electric shower was heated using 11kw of electricity per house or around €1.90 of ESB per hour. The pressure boost is the best feature and saving a few quid also!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,394 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

About 15 Minutes?
    How dirty do you people get...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

5 Minutes?
    Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    How dirty do you people get...?

We get very dirty indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

About 10 Minutes?
    Christmas, Easter and before i go on my summer holidays in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

20 Minutes Or Over?
    About 15-20 minutes, then 15 minutes to clean my ears and 20 to dry my hair. That doesn't even include shaving or plucking or make up! If you see my other thread then you'll realise why I only shower every second day ;) Pain in the arse, but I'm a total perfectionist and have to scrub myself really thoroughly or I don't feel clean, shaving takes me a half an hour! I don't even use conditioner or I'd never get out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

20 Minutes Or Over?
    Well, it takes me about 20 minutes to shower, then 15 minutes to clean my ears and 20 minutes to dry my hair so I don't feel like wasting nearly an hour of my life every morning. That also doesn't include shaving which takes a half an hour and make up which is another 20 minutes. I am a perfectionist so I scrub myself like a maniac in the shower so I will feel really clean, and I don't exercise (lung disease) so I don't think I'm getting too sweaty :P I envy people who also shave and condition their hair in the shower, I love to know how you shower so quickly! Guess you can't really be a fly on the wall for that sort of thing. So, every second day it is, but is interesting to hear how often others shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

About 15 Minutes?
    I face two seemingly eternal stuggles every morning.

1. Getting out of bed.

2. Getting out of the shower.

I'd argue the latter is the hardest :(

10-15 minutes for me I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Aidan_a

20 Minutes Or Over?
    Out of curiosity, I shower every second day but don't dare to tell people because I think that most people shower every day but maybe some are too afraid to admit that they don't, like me. So, let's have it, how often do you shower? I wonder when people started showering every day, no one in my immediate family showers every day and when I was a teenager none of my friends did either (now I'm early twenties) so I'm just wondering when it became the norm.

Yeah I only shower every other day, unless I've just been to a training and need a shower, but usually it's every other day. I'm wondering how long do people spend in the shower? I spend about 15-20 minutes usually, maybe people who shower everyday don't shower for as long?

Advertisement