Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long Do You Shower For?/How often?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Everyday. I think its selfish to make other people put up with bad hygiene. And brush your teeth too you nasty mother****ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

not as often as the crazy shower lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

when i left home i always thought our weekly family bath, where the same water did for the five of us(with a little top up for each of us after the mother had hers), was twice too many for the month but then i came into the big smoke and people kept their distance from me and i couldn't figure it out until i got professional help from a counsellor.
    i'm now back to my weekly status but might need to reconsider when the water charges come into play.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Usually 3 times.

First is a normal, get-ready-for-the-day shower.
    Second is my post-work & college shower.
    Third is the scrub-off-horrible-stink-of-failure shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Here's a thread & poll from 3 years ago that you may be interested in.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055596691#

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Between 2 And 5 Minutes?
    I shower twice a week,i think showering everyday is just not practical when you are in the morning rush or whatever,i think its excessive too,as long as you smell okay,and use wipes/talc or deodrant inbetween i dont see what the problem is..
    If my hair is showing signs of grease ill get under the shower alright..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Twice a week at the most. I generally just sponge bathe myself the rest of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Yeah, every second day for me too!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

30 Minutes Or Over?
    Twice a week but some weeks once. I never smell, have a b.o. problem or feel overly in the need for a shower. After football I always shower and most weekends I feel a shower is a good hangover cure.

Change my socks daily and boxers...well more often then I Shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

About 15 Minutes?
    At least once a day.
    Anything less is just mank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,394 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

About 15 Minutes?
    For the shower-freaks: can you actually tell the people who shower every day from the people who shower every second day?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    For the shower-freaks: can you actually tell the people who shower every day from the people who shower every second day?

Yes.

The every second day showerers have those stink lines emanating from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Yes. Everyday showers don't smell of sly ****

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Every evening, but maybe less when we have to pay the water charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Twice, maybe 3 times a day depending on what I am doing.

Seems overkill. When do you have time to do something that requires a shower if you're always in it anyway?

I'd usually shower daily, if not then at least 2 of every 3

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

30 Minutes Or Over?
    Knex. wrote: »
    I face two seemingly eternal stuggles every morning.

1. Getting out of bed.

2. Getting out of the shower.

I'd argue the latter is the hardest :(

10-15 minutes for me I would say.

I know your pain. Back in my college days I'd spend 15-20 minutes extra in bed, figuring I could just have a quick shower. More often than not though I just ended up missing breakfast instead. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭cloonton

Honest to blog... some of yis obviously have little to be doing.
    Every second day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

About 10 Minutes?
    Twice a day on weekdays! When I get up and either when I get home from work or after football.

On Saturday I'm too locked and in the pub to shower in the evening and showering once with a hangover is enough.....unless I follow thru with a hangover fart :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Between 10 And 15 Minutes?
    Every single morning before I leave the house to do anything. I have to.
    When I was about 15 I went through this phase of showering 2-3 times a day. How bloody ridiculous was that? Unless you havea good reason to shower more than once a day then thats pointless imo, and its also very bad for your skin, body and hair. I wash my hands about 10 times a day as it is and they're in bits, you should see how bad they get in the winter. They look like the burren and often bleed. I know its the cold weather that influences it, but its mainly the over washing that causes it as it stays this way throughout the summer. Its horrible.

And yes you can sort of tell the people who dont shower. In the mornings they usually smell like bed/sweat and you notice the slight shine of grease in their hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Quick shower every morning.

I'd often shower again in the evening if I had training or something

And for those concious of saving water/electricity, you could try turning the shower on under you're drenched, then turning the shower off while you apply shampoo and shower gel, and back on again to rinse it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,394 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

About 15 Minutes?
    Yes.

The every second day showerers have those stink lines emanating from them.
    Yes. Everyday showers don't smell of sly ****

So how do you know the shower every second day and not less frequently than that?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Between 10 And 15 Minutes?
    Flincher wrote: »

try turning the shower on under you're drenched, then turning the shower off while you apply shampoo and shower gel, and back on again to rinse it off.

Having to sit through that initial freezing - roasting - just right cycle every time you turn on the shower is too much hassle. Even if it doesnt get on you. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

5 Minutes?
    Flincher wrote: »

I'd often shower again in the evening if I had training or something

And for those concious of saving water/electricity, you could try turning the shower on under you're drenched, then turning the shower off while you apply shampoo and shower gel, and back on again to rinse it off.
    Yeah i do that but they think it's strange :p

i shower every day feel manky if i don't

• Registered Users Posts: 32 power123

have to have one every morning to wake up and one after training

Usually around 45 minutes or. Has to last me the year so I try to do it properly.

10 - 15 minutes when I was living at home.

3 - 5 minutes now that I'm paying for the electricity myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

20 Minutes Or Over?
    If it's just a quick shower in the morning before work - 2-3 minutes.

If I'm not in a rush and am washing and conditioning my hair - 15-20 minutes. Could do it in around 5 minutes if I really had to, but I like to relax and take my time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I stopped my daughters having over 30min showers (teen and 10) and my electricity bill dropped by over €70 . . that's over €400 more to spend on wine for me . . win win ..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

At least once a day. I couldn't function without a shower in the morning.
    Again in the evening, if I've been exercising, get caught in a shower or something.

Everyone sweats - the people who don't shower every day must have some odour.

• Advertisement

So how do you know the shower every second day and not less frequently than that?

Because they didn't stink the day before,

And they didn't stink the day after either.

Advertisement