Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Field Entrance and Farm Roadway

• 11-05-2012 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I have an existing road entrance to a field – the entrance has not been used for years and is fairly overgrown even though there is a old gate in the entrance. I now want to use this entrance and lay a farm roadway from the entrance alongside the field boundary to some other fields at the back of the roadside field.

Two questions

1/ do I need to get planning permission to widen the existing entrance that will allow modern machinery access the new farm roadway that I want to put down.
    2/ do I need to get planning permission to lay a farm roadway?

Thanks
    Catskin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JOAT

No to both. As there is an entrance there already you dont need permission for the entrance. You only need permission for a new entrance to be opened. No need for the roadway either as far as i know. Never heard of anything about it anyway and i have put down a fair few roadways in the last few years for different farmers around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭DMAXMAN

depends on the county. we had to get planning a number of years ago to widen our farm entrance but when we wanted to build another house the council were kicking off about the view from the entrance onto the road. when we showed them that we had planning for the entrance they couldn t make us change it.internal roads dont ned it

Advertisement