Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom Phonewatch - an odd chain of events

Options
  • 11-05-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, has anybody any experience of this problem? Here's the short version:

My friend was approaching the renewal date, about two weeks to go and wondered whether it was worth it. Suddenly, each day for 3 or 4 days, the alarm, which never goes off, went off at about the same time in the day.

She queried this with eircom, who identified the sensor in one of the front windows as the culprit. She checked it and could find nothing out of the ordinary.

This was the catalyst for her to pay her renewal, and now the alarm has never gone off since. She suspects sharp practice, has anyone got an opinion or better still, an experience on this?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Just coincidence. They can't make a sensor go off remotely.
    She should have shopped around before renewing. There is much better value to be got from other companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

j3r0me wrote: »
    Hi, has anybody any experience of this problem? Here's the short version:

My friend was approaching the renewal date, about two weeks to go and wondered whether it was worth it. Suddenly, each day for 3 or 4 days, the alarm, which never goes off, went off at about the same time in the day.

She queried this with eircom, who identified the sensor in one of the front windows as the culprit. She checked it and could find nothing out of the ordinary.

This was the catalyst for her to pay her renewal, and now the alarm has never gone off since. She suspects sharp practice, has anyone got an opinion or better still, an experience on this?

They cant set it off remotely but can you check the log to show the alarm activation, see if this fits with the time and dates in the log. Coincidental more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 C.TECH

They could theoretically mess with the sensitivity, more or less guaranteeing an activation...

They could change the EOL setting of the Zone, if their software allows such a change during an armed state....

They could be parking the Van around the corner and pelting the window with pebbles..

I could think up a few ways to do this, I just don't see why they'd go through all that bother for one account, and it certainly wouldn't be practical to make any such messing about a standard Modus Operandi.

still, you never know...

Advertisement