Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Horrors - The Academy - May 12th

Options
  • 11-05-2012 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this thread already exists but I need to know what time they're expected to take to the stage and I need to know quick! Cheers folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Gig started surprisingly early. For a sold out show it wasn't more than half full. Nearly missed them myself as we were waiting for a friend in Gin Palace and about to get another pint but I urged us to move on.
    A lad came up to me during the gig and asked how many songs did he miss. 5 I had to tell him. Many people still were arriving during the encore.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Think they got on stage at about 8:30 and played till just before 10, was odd for a sold out saturday night gig.People were still arriving during their last song and after...poor ****ers! Glad I got there early, was a phenomenal set

Started at 8.45. Finished by or within the hour. Those who missed would be as well to catch them at a festival and get the same set time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,324 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Gig started surprisingly early. For a sold out show it wasn't more than half full. Nearly missed them myself as we were waiting for a friend in Gin Palace and about to get another pint but I urged us to move on.
    A lad came up to me during the gig and asked how many songs did he miss. 5 I had to tell him. Many people still were arriving during the encore.

Pretty much same experience here, in Gin Palace with mates, waiting for girlfriend. Mate had heard they were on at 8:45 so we legged it at 8:35, was at the bar in the Academy when they came on.

Another mate came in at 9:15, having missed "Scarlet Fields", "Sea Within A Sea" etc...:(

I wonder if the Camden Crawl had any influence on set-times.

No idea. Don't see why it would affect it since Academy wasn't one of the listed venues. I would always assume it is to do with the club they have on that affects stage times. The support were on at 9pm in Belfast the next night so doubt the Horrors asked for early set.

• Advertisement
Advertisement