Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cascade rhizome, how to give it head start?

Options
  • 11-05-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

managed to get my hands on a cascade rhizome this morning. I guess it makes most sense starting it off in a pot to let it get established in some potting compost and then transferring it to the garden once it's up. Probably give it a bit of tomato feed too.

Any words of wisdom from more experienced growers?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Tomato feed is great.

It should be up by now. My Cascade is a 50cm or so tall, and my other hop plant is a metre or so taller than that. Make sure it gets plenty of sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Mashtun wrote: »
    Probably give it a bit of tomato feed too.

Tomato feed is good for nitrogen, also plenty of water. They will go through massive amounts of water

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Mashtun

BeerNut wrote: »
    Tomato feed is great.

It should be up by now. My Cascade is a 50cm or so tall, and my other hop plant is a metre or so taller than that. Make sure it gets plenty of sun.

Good for you beernut!! i don't expect to get any cones this year really, just want to get the roots well established.

Thanks oblivious!

Do you guys grow many varieties?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yeah, this is my second year of the Cascade plant. No cones last year but it grew about a metre or so.

Advertisement