Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Mondays Olympia

Options
  • 11-05-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Cant wait for this gig, some great reviews of the shows last week .......:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

You've twisted my melon man

Caaaallllll the Coopppppssssssssss

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Olympia will be hopping!! Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Won tickets through fb... BOOM gonna be a whopper gig

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Was thinking of going to this tomorrow night. 50 quid a ticket is a bit steep though innit? Would like to see the Inspiral Carpets more so really - will they play support both nights anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Was thinking of going to this tomorrow night. 50 quid a ticket is a bit steep though innit? Would like to see the Inspiral Carpets more so really - will they play support both nights anyone know?

I won 2 tickets for tonight's can't make it now do ya want them.just an email to be brought to the box office

Such a good gig! The olympia was going crazy. The crowd was really into it from where I was except for the sap who threw a bottle and got me in the face :/
    Band were really on fire. I'd say I lost about a stone and a half from the dancing! :)

And I met Bez outside, very cool :D

One last thing, I thought Inspiral Carpets were really great. They played a blinder!

It was more of a party than I gig tonight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Cant wait now, added bonus im in one of the boxes :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

some douche from the herald ripped the gig apart today. it was a crackin show, tight, solid performance and a few epic spine tingling moments as well....bez could have been around more but all in all it blew me away

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/a-unhappy-return-for-mondays-3109151.html

Thats it there. They used a really old picture too :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

CiaranK wrote: »
    http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/a-unhappy-return-for-mondays-3109151.html

Thats it there. They used a really old picture too :/

Opinionated gobsh1te? .. at The Herald? ..surely not...

This photoset from the gig from Hot Press looks like it tells the story of a different gig - Shaun looks cool as fook, and Bez looks, well, like Bez

Wish I could have gone either, or even both nights

Saw Shaun solo in Manchester last year* supporting The Charlatans, and he was in top tune then too..

edit: twas Oct 2010 - where did the time go

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DMG 1972

I thought this was a cracking show tonight, the set flew by

great night last night, for sure. Big crowd as well. I'm a bit biased but I thought the Inspiral Carpets stole the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Opinionated gobsh1te? .. at The Herald? ..surely not...

This photoset from the gig from Hot Press looks like it tells the story of a different gig - Shaun looks cool as fook, and Bez looks, well, like Bez

Wish I could have gone either, or even both nights

Saw Shaun solo in Manchester last year* supporting The Charlatans, and he was in top tune then too..

edit: twas Oct 2010 - where did the time go

Look I've a reason for never reading or having any interest at all in the crap that is written in Irish papers that apparently carries for Gig reviews - mainly because I've seen reviews written of gigs that had never taken place, had been cancelled, or have seen reviews of shows that the apparent journo left before the main band even came to the stage - seriously.....absolute tossers, and this guy seems very similar, no detail of the gig, the songs, the delivery or the sound for that mater, not a mention of the Carpets and anything he's mentioned could easily have been heard 2nd/3rd hand......

for me it was an excellent gig, the Inspiral Carpets were excellent, the sound was surprisingly good for both bands and Shaun Ryder was much better than I expected, the only thing I'd agree with in that muck in the Hearald is that some of the songs have aged quite badly, but at the same time the funkier stuff and their biggest hits haven't they've stood up well......the guy writing that hasn't been to many gigs if he things a bass player looking grumpy is a big deal.......fool

Hd video from Monday night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTNhP6tbPgY

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

Not sure what gig the herald journo was at, the happy mondays i saw last night were incredible - musically the best they've ever been. The inspirals were great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Rezident

Inspirals were brilliant, wish they'd played longer. Monday's were great too, obviously Bez can't keep up his freaky dancing for the whole show so he was just there at the start and finish but they were great. Met Bez after, he's still the same as ever, he was really friendly.
    scaled.php?server=839&filename=jbps.jpg&res=landing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

took this of the Inspiral Carpets on Monday night, sorry about the focus issues and sound popping in and out a bit, still getting used to the camera.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 shauna75

Crackin show the lads sounded great, Love the Olympia when its hoppin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Great night, agree about the Olympia aswell when it's good it's really great - easily my favourite venue in the country

Advertisement