Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance provider emailing No Claims Cert

Options
  • 11-05-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had the same issue in relation to the below and if can offer any advise;

I switched car insurance provider from 123.ie to Aviva last week. The renewal I got from 123.ie was sent to me via email, including my No claims cert.

I changed to aviva and posted the docs they required (photo copy of licences, no claims cert etc.). Aviva have said they can not accept the copy of the no claimers cert I sent and they require the original. What I sent Aviva was the printed version of what 123.ie sent me on email

I spoke with 123.ie and they advised they dont send out hard copy paperwork. If they are to send me me no claims cert in post they will charge me €20, and this cert will look exactly like what they sent me on email. There will not be any stamp or indetifying mark or paper used.

Can anyone advise if 123.ie are within there right to only send me electronic copy of no claims cert?

Are 123.ie allowed to charge €20 to send me hard copy of no claims cert baring in mnd this is not a 2nd or duplicate request. They have not sent hard copy to me before?

Are Aviva entitled to request original no claims cert, or should the email copy be enough for them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

I would look for a manager in Aviva and ask if they want your business. Also if they are not happy with 123/RSA's certs they should contact them directly and not have the customer involved in their corporate disputes.

In saying that, I am not happy with 123's email of policy documents, their computer systems do not return the correct model for my reg number and an incorrect field is printed for Additional Drivers, Years Licence Held. Basic stuff which should be found and fixed in beta testing.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement