Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Fence For German Shepherd

Options
  • 11-05-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Im looking into getting a low powered electric fence to keep my dog meecha in my back yard. Its a big yard with high walls but she is beginning to try and jump up onto the wall even do its about 5ft tall. I need to erect a fence to be on the safe side. Im not looking to buy any expensive dog collar fence products, just a simple plug in device i can hook upto a wire that will only give her a slight shock. Has anyone any idea where i could get a low powered electric fence. Id greatly appreciate the help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Please dont get one of these, they are cruel and unreliable. If you do a search on here for these you will see how we feel about them in the animal and pets section.
    We dont like or advise people to shock or hurt their dogs here :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 butchboy

I understand andrea i had a feeling this argument would come up and i respect your views but i need something to keep her in the yard.im literally on a main road so if she gets out itl be a disaster :( .Thats why im looking for advice on this thread. Obviously i would not put a high powered fence up so looking for a sensitive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

butchboy wrote: »
    I understand andrea i had a feeling this argument would come up and i respect your views but i need something to keep her in the yard.im literally on a main road so if she gets out itl be a disaster :( .Thats why im looking for advice on this thread. Obviously i would not put a high powered fence up so looking for a sensitive one.

If thats the case then an electric fence is the last thing you need as it will not stop your dog from getting out, they are unreliable and a piece of wire is not going to stop your dog getting out.

Doesnt matter if its low or high power, a shock is a shock, end of.

Build the fence higher then, or build the wall higher, or build a proper dog run that she cant get out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

can you not put chainlink around the wall top at a 45deg angle to stop her climbing over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

5 foot isn't a high wall at all for a dog. As someone has suggested, could you not put chain link on top, or even trellising, just something to make the fence higher?

• Advertisement
Advertisement